VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Glitch In The Iris System

free_spirit_etc

Question

Currently, there is a glitch in the IRIS system for dependents. When you click you are not the veteran, and enter the vet's information - it tells you that it is a duplicate SS number. They are working on the problem.

My IRIS to the tech guys:

"I am having trouble using your site, though I have used it for several years with no problems.

Now - when I tried to check on the status of the claim - I enter my information - I click that I am not the veteran (I am a widow) - and then enter my husband's information as the veteran -and I keep getting an error message that the SSN number is a duplicate for another user.

I have never received this error message before."

Their response:

"We've apprised the IRIS administrators of this problem. There was some new programming recently, and we're not sure how long it will take to get the entire problem solved. In the meantime, you can simply check that you ARE the veteran. The first question is now supposed to identify a person as being a veteran OR a beneficiary (such as a widow), but the language wasn't corrected for the user's interface.

If you prefer, you can send your question to us, and we'll forward it to the right person.

Sorry for the Confusion

VBA Web Services Team"

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I have had the same problem because they always ask me for my deceased husband's SS# etc.

I wanted to ask them where the IRIS response was to my original question that I asked them about 2-3 months ago.

The so called Mr Kruse said they would have to check with my VARO to answer it (which was what I thought they did anyhow for IRIS inquerys.

I ended up calling 800 for the info I needed and then got 3 confusing responses, but last week they seem to have given me the correct info ,saying my CUE and my IHD claim went to the Nehmer department in Phila.The 800# gave me a name and phone number for the VA Nehmer reps but it was a woman's private cell phone number with message directing me back to 800# if I had a Nehmer claim question.???

Maybe they made up what they told me at 800 but I liked what they said so I will try to believe it.

:wacko: