VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Receiving A Rating With No C & P Exam?

Rate this question

xl86hd

Question

I am currently rated 30%. I have recently filed for increase in benefits (filed several new claims). About a year ago I was diagnosed by the VA with ulcerative colitis. I went to several QTC C& P exams but not for the ulcerative colitis. I see that IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) is listed as an undiagnosable disease and UC is a form of IBS.

I am about to receive a rating for UC and I have never attended a C & P exam for this ailment. I have been in VA hospital in past year for this issue, taking meds for UC all documented by the VA.

Does this sound right, receiving a rating for a ailment/disease and never had a C & P exam for it??

Thanks in advance.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

"undiagnosable disease".................sorry, I can't quite understand your statement. Oh Well, must just be me, I suppose.

And, yes, you can receive a rating without a C&P exam, if, for example, the rater feels that they have enough information to make a decision on your claim. The only reason for a C&P is to help the rater in their decision-making process, a C&P is not an "automatic" occurrence or an expected portion of your claims process, but is something that must be initiated by the rater who is working on your claim. It is up to the rater as to whether there will, indeed, be a C&P.

I am currently rated 30%. I have recently filed for increase in benefits (filed several new claims). About a year ago I was diagnosed by the VA with ulcerative colitis. I went to several QTC C& P exams but not for the ulcerative colitis. I see that IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) is listed as an undiagnosable disease and UC is a form of IBS.

I am about to receive a rating for UC and I have never attended a C & P exam for this ailment. I have been in VA hospital in past year for this issue, taking meds for UC all documented by the VA.

Does this sound right, receiving a rating for a ailment/disease and never had a C & P exam for it??

Thanks in advance.

Good luck, but the only thing UC and IBS have in common is that they are both in the abdomen. People die of UC, unlike IBS which is nothing more than anoying that causes cramping and diarrhia.

JMO,

Bergie

• Founder

I concur with Bergie, I was hospitalized last year, they couldn't figure out if I had ischemic colitis or ulcerative colitis, plus I had IBS, ulcerative colitis is a much more serious disease than IBS. I was surprised to find that I could have ulcerative colitis and ibs, but that's what they said. It took them a week of me being in the hospital to get the bleeding to stop. The pain was so bad I lost consciousness a few times.

I have to make an appointment with the GI clinic I ran out of my UC meds, and I never have figured out exactly what it is that I have ischemic colitis or ulcerative colitis or both, I know I have IBS, which as bergie stated is not a serious diseases, though quite debilitating. Over the past few months I have left 3 messages to try and get an appointment at the Gi clinic, no returned calls.

After I received the letter in June that I may have been exposed to HIV.Hep through dental, I'm negative. I gave up calling all together. I've got to try again though, because that last UC attack was so bad I never want to go through it again.

If there is enough medical evidence, no c and p is needed they will send it straight to the raters. It's not common, but not unheard of. This is good for you, because it saves time and they clearly think the evidence you presented is enough to make a decision on. If the decision is against your claim you can file an NOD Notice of Disagreement and appeal the decision.

• HadIt.com Elder

Except when the rater wishes to "push off" (delay) the decision, and make something other than his/her judgment a party to the % rating, etc.

I agee w/larry. If there is enough physical evidence there is no need for a C&P.

pr