VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Receiving A Rating With No C & P Exam?

Rate this question

xl86hd

Question

I am currently rated 30%. I have recently filed for increase in benefits (filed several new claims). About a year ago I was diagnosed by the VA with ulcerative colitis. I went to several QTC C& P exams but not for the ulcerative colitis. I see that IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) is listed as an undiagnosable disease and UC is a form of IBS.

I am about to receive a rating for UC and I have never attended a C & P exam for this ailment. I have been in VA hospital in past year for this issue, taking meds for UC all documented by the VA.

Does this sound right, receiving a rating for a ailment/disease and never had a C & P exam for it??

Thanks in advance.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Except when the rater wishes to "push off" (delay) the decision, and make something other than his/her judgment a party to the % rating, etc.

I don't understand why a rater would wish to "push off" (delay) a decision. I can understand the rater wanting and requesting more information to make a decision.

I can confirm that a rating can be given without a C&P. My PTSD claim was approved in January of this year with no C&P.

I have a rated 10% for AO, cad and 50% overall , about ayear ago I recieved the 100% for 3 mos and then 10% rating thereafter I had a CABG x3 bypass,anursym,and resection of my left ventricle. EF was 40-45 at the time of Hosp release. now I have had a VA Nuclear stress test and have a 33% EF. They also reccomended a defibrillator be inserted in my chest and will do it free. they recommend also to have a echocardiagram from civilian doc which I did and conclusion was 35% EF. CAD, Congestive Heart failure, IHD, All paperwork was sent to regional Office for my increase in claim. Why did they schedule me for another C&P when they have enough info showing a drop in my health and EF?

I also haver been through this IBS diagnosis,, which actually means you have an undiagnosed disease..

whenit comes to getitng benefits and help, getting a diagnosis of IBS is just like saying you are not sick.. it is is limbo..

you are screwed unless you get a diagnosis of UC, Crohns, cancer, etc.. as IBS is not taken seriously, and SSDI, and the GI clinic, and al doctors wil just say you have pain and gas, and diareahha, etc.. which leaves you just very sick but not able to qalify for beneits,, because whoever wrote the disease and benefits books and regs, decided to leave IBS sufferers screwed..

unless this has changed recently...

Thanks for the reply. I was officially diagnosed by the va with UC in 2008 - so, hopefully there should be no debate with them over the existence of the disease.

Also, I called Muskogee yesterday and they are still waiting on my QTC C & P exams. They said then it will go into review etc. I opened this case in April and it looks like I've got a lot more waiting to do.......

xl86hd