VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Claims (Round Iv)

Rate this question

Geo4K

Question

With my already service connected DDD in my C-Spine, I have now an IMO/E letter to the VA through the DAV and used it to just now file for Vertigo, Migraines and Radicular pain in my left shoulder, all secondary to the DDD. While I know that it will be some time before the VA gets back to me with exam dates, I will continue to visit here, offer encouragement and continue to read and learn as much as I can.

PS: For the migraines and dizziness, I have been charting them for several months now.

George

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Surprise, surprise.

I got a letter in the mail on Monday. My C&P is for the 27th of this month, that really came FAST. I looked at the envelope for several minutes before I opened it. Not sure why I get so aggitated each time the VA sends me stuff. Maybe I am just so irritated with the pprocess so far. I have collected my doctor's chart notes, just need to get copies of the dictation to add to that, plus the notes from the Pain and Spine Clinic he sent me too - I've been there twice now. The doc at the Pain Clinic put me on hydrocodone / APAP 5mg / 325, for pain as needed and told me to take my Gabapentin three times a day, 300, 300, 600 - to help qwell some of the neck/nerve pain. She also referred me to physical therapy, but I'll not have a visit with them until after my C&P...

So, with my medical notes from my post AF career, my IMO/E, I should be fairly well prepared, yes? I plan to NOT take anything for pain, several days prior to my visit, so that they can see me in my true and unaltered state. I now know to also talk to the VA and describe myself during one of my "bad days" as opposed to trying to be a good troop and do everything asked of me.

Why am I so nervous and gittery? The thought of going in there has my stomach rolling... I hate feeling this way.

George

PS: I also have the MRI results to bring as well

Edited by Geo4K

I think your reaction is reasonable. When offered the time to be treated by the VAMCs, I go willingly. When a C&P comes along, I go into hyper-angst mode. The difference is feeling scrutinized during a C&P while feeling actually cared for during a scheduled appointment for treatment. On one hand, you're trying to present the worst you could feel due to your conditions. On the other, you're hoping for treatment that will improve your everyday life. It's a bi-polar/negative/positive relationship if ever I've experienced one, all within the same walls. Freaks me out, too. Have to take anti-anxiety meds the day before visits. I wonder if we could file a claim based solely on the anxiety the VA causes?? Best of luck with your claim!

As long as the IMO doc gave a complete medical rationale for your secondarys as due to the SC , this should warrant a secondary award.

SHOULD -but one never knows what the VA will do.

I suggest getting a copy of the C & P results as soon as the results are available.

I think everyone here can relate to what you said.

Friend of mine put off opening a letter from VA and came here for support as he expected denial.

It was an award!

I still re-read my award letter from a few months ago.And It only took SEVEN YEARS!

I still think I have that claim still pending sometimes! :unsure: