VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Support - Hitting The Wall

Rate this question

VetsLady

Question

Recently I have posted a few discussions on the BVA forum and Success Forum.

a little background, my husband is sc for AO DM2 and related conditions.....in speaking with the VA today,

they said a Nehmer claim has already been opened for him due to IHD and we don't need to file one or

a reopening of his DM2 claim. Is this right ... ?

Also, please lift me my spirits - it's been an almost 8 year wait to get his appeal sc (not the DM2 issue, something else)

Finally, BVA sc him....he had an exam recently by QTC - the doctor told us it was only to determine his current disability....

not a rating exam and she had no prior medical records....it was in her words "the VA wanted me to see him, exam him

and send in my findings".......I'm trying keep the holes patched in the boat best I can ... we have Hardship attached and

Congressional Inquiry.....I know things will be what they are and we are in line just like everyone else....

What I need is a pat on the shoulder or one to shed a few tears on....actually, as I write this they are pouring down my face....

Due to medical reasons, it's been a severe financial hardship....he was a Cat 8 up until his sc in 08 so all of his chemo treatment

was from private doctors since at that time we had insurance that picked up 80% - but when we're talking 6500 a month in RX's

and we're paying 20% for 2 years, I wonder if I can file to get it reimbursed.....if he'd had treatment at the VA Center, they would

not have done what his private doctors did for him.....I know that, unfortunate as it seems. I always said we'd spend every dime

we had to ensure he receives treatment he needed and it looks like that is what's happened.

I really need uplifting comments right now, I'm carrying alot of weight on my shoulders and my support system is very minimal......

It's tough enough dealing with a chronic disabling illness and add to that 8 years of dealing with the VA, any encouraging words

would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time....

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I think your husband is very lucky to have you by his side. My wife has been forced to do just about everything for me lately, and I feel blessed to have her in my life. I'm sure your husband feels the same way. What would any of us do without the support of our spouses and other family members???

I have read time and again that the VA is attempting to identify all the previously-denied IHD claims and are re-evaluating them under Nehmer, so what they told you must have at least some truth to it.

I hope the rating for the newly service connected condition flies through the system and that your husband receives what he is due sooner rather than later.

Thanks for what you do, and good luck.

Edited by JustPLS

I think your husband is very lucky to have you by his side. My wife has been forced to do just about everything for me lately, and I feel blessed to have her in my life. I'm sure your husband feels the same way. What would any of us do without the support of our spouses and other family members???

I have read time and again that the VA is attempting to identify all the previously-denied IHD claims and are re-evaluating them under Nehmer, so what they told you must have at least some truth to it.

I hope the rating for the newly service connected condition flies through the system and that your husband receives what he is due sooner rather than later.

Thanks for what you do, and good luck.

Pat....

Thank you so much for your reply and so quickly too....I really, really needed some positive feedback....reality is in check, having a very rough several weeks now and I know my husband loves me and supports me the best he can. I would do anything for him.

Thank you for the (((( hug ))))) - much needed....if you only knew what it meant, thank you !

Dear VetsLady- I'm sending you a "virtual" big bear hug and hope it helps. You are just plain tuckered out from carrying the load. Having done homecare and hospice nursing for over 25 yrs, I often worried more about the caregivers than my patients, wondered who was going to give out first at times! You need some respite help and a break to renew your spirit. Please, please, call on whatever limited support you have available to take care of yourself. I'm worried about you!

Lorraine

Pat....

Thank you so much for your reply and so quickly too....I really, really needed some positive feedback....reality is in check, having a very rough several weeks now and I know my husband loves me and supports me the best he can. I would do anything for him.

Thank you for the (((( hug ))))) - much needed....if you only knew what it meant, thank you !

No thanks for me are necessary - THANK YOU! I will keep you and your husband in my thoughts and - even though I usually make fun of Marines (I was in the Army and its all in good fun), I will give you both a rousing "Semper Fi".

Take care and think good thoughts.

No thanks for me are necessary - THANK YOU! I will keep you and your husband in my thoughts and - even though I usually make fun of Marines (I was in the Army and its all in good fun), I will give you both a rousing "Semper Fi".

Take care and think good thoughts.

/quote]

Giggles and grins.....thank you.

His younger brother served in the Army and his older in the Air Force.....my husband spent 22 months in Vietnam, which kept his brothers out of there.

Thank you for your words, they meant alot and saved me.

A thank you sent through cyber-ville for throwing me a life ring last night, it's really getting tough and to have a place to come and

reach out helps. It's a very emotional process to go through all of the red tape, the lines, etc. and an even more emotional process

to take care of someone you love so much. Archiving photos into acid free boxes so they don't fade didn't help....so many wonderful

memories of what will never be again, instead I need to think what a wonderful time we were fortunate to have ....

Thanks again....

I'm still pretty shaky so I might pop up someplace around and not sure which forum to post to.

VetsLady