VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nod Letter - Need Help!

Rate this question

Draggin'

Question

OK here is my sample Notice of Disagreement letter.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Part 1

NOTICE OF DISAGREEMENT

I am sending to inform you that I disagree with the decision made October 1, 2009 for the below mentioned issues. I wish to appeal this decision and request a DRO denovo review for all below mentioned issues.

Part 2

Issue #1 - Denied Knee Pain, left knee

Issue #2- Awarded Ankle Pain, right ankle

(etc...here I am just listing the decisions I disagree with that they either denied me on or awarded and the award is too low)

Part 3

REQUEST FOR RECONSIDERATION

I would also like to ask for reconsideration on the following issues

Issue #1 - Denied Knee Pain, left knee

(etc...here will be a repeat of the issues of Part 1)

Part 4

Also attached is an application for TDIU.

Sincerely

Signature

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My questions...

#1 What do you think?

#2 I do not have specific information to send in with this yet. I do not have my medical records yet. Although it can be seen in my recent VA medical records that I have been , and am currently being seen for these issues. In all "issues" I am only stating the claim that was made and whether it was denied or awarded - no other details, no reason why I disagree, etc. Is this sufficient-just for now?

#3 Is it OK to send in an application for TDIU with this?

My deadline is the 30th, and I will be personally taking this to my RO to insure it gets there! We have tried to compile more information but it has taken everything to get the PTSD and marriage proof in...along with numerous trips to outpatient and VA Dallas to get my medical issues worked on. Is this good enough to get it started?!! How will I send in additional information later?

Thanks so much

Draggin'

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You would not want to mix a NOD with a Reconsideration request in the same document anyway. This is just too much for the VA to comprehend. You should keep it simple. Remember, if a six grader can't understand it then the VA can't understand it. I would drive to the VARO and get date stamped copy.

You would not want to mix a NOD with a Reconsideration request in the same document anyway. This is just too much for the VA to comprehend. You should keep it simple. Remember, if a six grader can't understand it then the VA can't understand it. I would drive to the VARO and get date stamped copy.

This is terrible. That is exactly what I sent in a month ago. A big certified envelope with a copy of a NOD, and a separate letter for a reconsideration, lots of other info as well. I just saw a post here that someone stated that when you send all this in, in goes into a new case and sits for 90-120 days before someone even looks at this through the development stage. Then the forms are sent out from the VA. Until then, all this sits and collects dust all over again. So the crap that the DVA gave that I would receive a letter back in 1 month is just as stated. A RECONSIDERATION, or anything sent to them must go through the same waiting period as everyone else. Why should they look at in any sooner, they might have to give you some more dinaro sooner. I DID AN iris and they had the nerve to send me a letter that said since I didn't provide my ss # they couldn't give me any info. Wrong, you can't even process that with out that info, it will give an error message. At least I have plenty of time to send more medical info in. I sent it in quickly so that would be once less issue, filing late, so sorry sucker.

• HadIt.com Elder

Draggin

You have many issues and you have to prove each one is service connected or low balled via your SMR's and possible IMO's. You will have to very carefully organized your evidence so the VA does not make a mess out of it. Consider that you are dealing with almost 30 separate issues. Maybe later on you can combine some of these issues and get to 100%.