VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Being Taken Away For Not Sending Taxes

Rate this question

noscopes4me

Question

Got letter Im losing my Tdiu for not sending in my taxes for last year. I sent in my No work form but still bieng taken away cause i never send in copy of taxes. I never did my taxes cause i have no incomer bsides va disability. Not sure what to do now...

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You need to ask for a hearing within 30 days to fight this. I have never heard of losing IU because of not paying tax. It does not make sense.

The letter states i was supposed to send in a copy of my income taxes. i never seen that it wan on the back of a page i never read. I sent in my VC form for not owrking but never sent in a copy of my income tax returns cause i never did them. I guess all i can do is have them donr and send them in but its stupid to do taxes when i never worked. Im not sure what else to do. I will call my County vetrans service officer tommorrow....

Maybe I did not explain this correctly im sorry if i did not. I recieved the letter back in july to send in my Vcaa letter I think its called But they also wanted a copy of my last years tax returnes I assuming to prove i did not work. Well I did not do my taxes cause i didnt work. I never read that they wanted a copy of my taxes cause it was printed on the back of a page i didnt see.

Until today when i got decision letter they are taking away my iu and dropping me back to 80% effective october 1st 2010 cause i did not send a copy of my last years income taxes to them. Now I dont know if I just send them into them they will reenstate it or not. Anybody heard of this before? Its kinda my mistake cause i should have seen that they wanted them.

• HadIt.com Elder

Never have heard of that before........I went 7 years without filing taxes, and only do it now cuz of the wife's job.

Best be getting on the horn with a good rep, or go have a face to face with someone at the RO.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you only get VA there is no requirement to file taxes. However, everything the VA sends requires a response even if it is just a statement that you are not required to file Income Tax and explain why.

I recommend a trip to your VARO with all the paperwork and sit down and talk to a VA Councilor