VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Being Taken Away For Not Sending Taxes

Rate this question

noscopes4me

Question

Got letter Im losing my Tdiu for not sending in my taxes for last year. I sent in my No work form but still bieng taken away cause i never send in copy of taxes. I never did my taxes cause i have no incomer bsides va disability. Not sure what to do now...

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

noscope,

I would call the 1-800-827-1000 number to request and state -

DO NOT make any changes to my current comp at this time - I request a hearing prior to any change or reduction in my comp.

I would do an IRIS request and state -

DO NOT make any changes to my current comp at this time - I request a hearing prior to any change or reduction in my comp.

I would do a fax to VBA and state,

Then, if I lived within about 200 miles from my VAMC I would also go there in person and submit a 21-4138 that state's,

and leave there with a date stamped copy.

• HadIt.com Elder

Exactly what carlie just said. You are entitled to "due process".

Then I'd IMMEDIATELY send in a short form 1040 showing "0" income and "0" taxes owed, sign it and send it in to the IRS and send the VA at all the previously mentioned locations a copy of the 1040.

Edited by LarryJ

• HadIt.com Elder

There is a lot of money involved so I would go in person to the VARO and do as Carlie says. I would not trust the mail on this one. Overkill in getting the VA go give you a hearing this won't hurt. Mail, fax and in person visit is what I would do. From now on file your income tax even if you don't earn money. Maybe they think your spouse and you are working together somehow. Does your spouse have a business? Does anyone in your household work?

Really? If you have IU you have to file income taxes? I was granted IU last year in Feb, I have not worked since 08; I did file taxes for that year but not since. I'm scared now.

• HadIt.com Elder

The requirement to file income tax is based on an Income threshold. Since VA does not count and Social Security is calculated in a strange way only 1/2 is counted on your return and if married 32,000 is tax free many of us do not have to file Income Tax.

Personally I file anyway just cause I really hate the IRS and I figure that it takes them some time to process it and also a couple of years ago it got me some of that easy money the gubermint was doling out to stimulate the economy.

Thanks for the replys everybody...I went to talk to my county va office and they sent in a form P.O.A. via american legion explaining why i am not required to do taxes.H etold me thats all it should take to make them not take it away. I am divorced for the other person who asked so i live alone with my 7 year old daughter.