VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Plantar Warts

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

Hello all,

A question, but first,

40% SC, shoulders (10each), plantar fascitis (10) and tinnitus (10). 4 other issues were SC but at 0%. Discharged from active duty in August of 08. Date of original C&P exam was in May of 09.

Went to a C&P yesterday for an increase in my right shoulder and a new claim for neck pain and for arm pain connected to my right shoulder issue. All arthritis related. EMG was negative.

I think the C&P doctor did a good job and will let you know how it pans out.

When she started the exam, she asked if I had been to a doctor other than VA since I got out and I told her a month ago for 5 plantar warts removed from my right foot. She said OK and drove on with the exam. Later, when she was researching my first mention of neck pain in my health record, she saw where I had 2 plantar warts removed from my right foot in 06 while I was on active duty. She told me to make a claim for plantar warts as I had them on active duty and now they are back and it is obviously an ongoing problem.

Does anyone know if plantar warts are claimable and what is the rating for them? Any examples?

Thanks, Hamslice

Side notes:

1. The EMG was no big deal for me, some pain but not terrible.

2. Range of motion tests (?). Till pain or till stop. I told her when it hurt and then when I could go no more. Less than in 09, so, as I said, well see how that pans out.

3. Travel money. Cash and out the door you go. Can't beat that!!!

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Yes it is claimable. I filed for a plantars wart on left little toe and I got 10% SC. I went back for two increases for other things, after 10 years and it was still there and they upheld the 10% SC rating. As yours are recurring I would think you would get even more.

Hello all,

A question, but first,

40% SC, shoulders (10each), plantar fascitis (10) and tinnitus (10). 4 other issues were SC but at 0%. Discharged from active duty in August of 08. Date of original C&P exam was in May of 09.

Went to a C&P yesterday for an increase in my right shoulder and a new claim for neck pain and for arm pain connected to my right shoulder issue. All arthritis related. EMG was negative.

I think the C&P doctor did a good job and will let you know how it pans out.

When she started the exam, she asked if I had been to a doctor other than VA since I got out and I told her a month ago for 5 plantar warts removed from my right foot. She said OK and drove on with the exam. Later, when she was researching my first mention of neck pain in my health record, she saw where I had 2 plantar warts removed from my right foot in 06 while I was on active duty. She told me to make a claim for plantar warts as I had them on active duty and now they are back and it is obviously an ongoing problem.

Does anyone know if plantar warts are claimable and what is the rating for them? Any examples?

Thanks, Hamslice

Side notes:

1. The EMG was no big deal for me, some pain but not terrible.

2. Range of motion tests (?). Till pain or till stop. I told her when it hurt and then when I could go no more. Less than in 09, so, as I said, well see how that pans out.

3. Travel money. Cash and out the door you go. Can't beat that!!!