VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Will They Do To Me ?

Rate this question

doogie

Question

First i am glad to have some folks that understand and offer advice

The VA has sent me a letter saying i am getting a psyc appointment for my PTSD disability claim..

Here's my question/ my pastor of my church{so much for privacy huh} sent to the VA a letter stating that i had tried to commit suicide with a rifle in 2009 .

The ammo was ww11 for a M1 carbine and misfired and just went phhhhhft

What will this psyc doctor do to me , immediatly take me to a institution }?

maybe it would be better just to do it right ,and not have to deal with them

But, there are a few folks i'd like to take with me

Everything seems so hopless sometimes

GOD BLESS EACH AND EVERY VETERAN

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

What will this psyc doctor do to me , immediatly take me to a institution }?

doogie,

Good gosh no man.

You can only be Baker Acted if you are a current threat to yourself and/or other's.

You just go in and talk about your issues and how they effect your life.

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA does not want to admit you to the psychiatric ward. It is expensive. Unless you say you are getting ready to kill yourself they won't do a thing. You can have suicideal thoughts but as long as you don't say you have a plan you are ok.

If this was back in 2009, are you wanting to hurt yourself or others now? If you are not then they will probably up your meds or change them accordingly. You have to be honest about this though since if you are wanting to hurt yourself or others, you may need to be inpatient for a bit. If it will help take it, you have to take care of yourself; believe me I went inpatient for a week earlier this year. It helped get my meds straight and my thinking together. Please don't hurt yourself or others, God bless.

/doc

If this was back in 2009, are you wanting to hurt yourself or others now? If you are not then they will probably up your meds or change them accordingly. You have to be honest about this though since if you are wanting to hurt yourself or others, you may need to be inpatient for a bit. If it will help take it, you have to take care of yourself; believe me I went inpatient for a week earlier this year. It helped get my meds straight and my thinking together. Please don't hurt yourself or others, God bless.

/doc

Thank you i live a minimum from any military facility at all.

I guess i'm just anxious abought all this .presently i am not on any meds ,i can't afford them but i hope the VA will help me get them

Thank you i live a minimum 100 miles or more from any military facility at all.

I guess i'm just anxious abought all this .presently i am not on any meds ,i can't afford them but i hope the VA will help me get them

I have many diagnosis at least 5 of drepression and anxiety datin back to a incident in the military in 1966

I don't want to hurt anyone or myself since 2009,.

• HadIt.com Elder

Then I think that the psychiatrist appointment will just be to firm up your PTSD diagnosis, that is all. You have to be "officially" diagnosed by a VA psychiatrist (or clinical psychologist) for your claim for PTSD to be accepted.

They will, most surely, ask you about the "incident" with the "damp powder". They would be remiss not to, but, if you are not at this time having suicidal thoughts or thoughts of harming yourself or others.........then they will not "lock you up". You do need to get treatment for your problems, though. The VA can provide you with all the treatment and all the medications that you need, no charge. This will have a lot to do with the outcome of you PTSD exam. But, DO NOT FAIL to ask the examining psychiatrist for help. Please. Then come back here and let us know how the exam went. I have a feeling that it will work out just fine.