VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got Flu Shot At Grocery Store

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

My third son Kyle and my Grand Daughter Juli are celebrating their birthday's tonight at our home. So I went to Grocery Store first time in a while with my youngest son Alex while shopping the pharmacy offered me a flu shot and since Medicare paid I took it. Bests the heck out of standing in several lines.

I am still thinking about a shot for shingles but probably will do that at VA they told me those babies cost 250

Birthday Dinner rare rump roast

Rice and Gravy

Salad with lots of goodies and homemade vinaigrette dressing

Chocolate Cake with chocolate icing

All my kids and grand kids are coming

I could not be happier right now

Pete

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

KEWL!

Enjoy yourself!

As far as the flu shot (and the shingles shot) goes, I'll just wait and get mine at the VA. I've asked at WalMart, and Walgreens, and Whole Foods (the places that ALL have signs out front saying "GIT YER FLU SHOTS, HERE!") and they don't have anybody actually GIVING the flu shots.........they'll have a table all set up, with literature, and folding chairs, etc. but there isn't anyone actually THERE. I've asked at the customer service desks and they give me that famous "Deer-In-The-Headlights" look and then say................"Well, sir, I guess there isn't anybody there RIGHT now, and then look at me like I AM the crazy person........."

Screw it!

• HadIt.com Elder

The Pharmacist gave me mine at Albertson's. They actually had an assistant going around and asking customers if they wanted one.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pesonally, I think you're nuts to get shots at the supermarket or the pharmacy. What happens if an emergency happens?? Dial 911!!! Right - just another way for them to make an easy buck and to get rid of old supplies of the vaccines. Nope, not for me!!! Why would you let a technician do an invasive procedure on you??? Too many things can go wrong. jmo

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

flu shots no thanks the last time I got one about 5 years ago laid me low I last got the pneumonia shot in 1995 I think never again I just had my PC visit my next appt is Jun 2011 I think they will be finished giving flu shots by then so I won't have to argue with that nurse again

• HadIt.com Elder

flu shots no thanks the last time I got one about 5 years ago laid me low I last got the pneumonia shot in 1995 I think never again I just had my PC visit my next appt is Jun 2011 I think they will be finished giving flu shots by then so I won't have to argue with that nurse again

Have you ever had pneumonia?

......just askin'?