VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Should I Expect

Rate this question

LanceJoseph

Question

Hello my names Lance , recently submitted my claims , went to 9 different appointments. Just some of the things i claimed are tinnitus/hearing loss, loss of eyesight, IBS, Acid reflux, seperated shoulder with massive loss of mobility, also diagnosed with panic disorder, ptsd, and severe anxiety disorder, 1in scar on chin/painful.Lower back , knee and ankle pain (flat feet) . Im not out looking for a huge paycheck . I'm honestly just worried i wont be taken care of medically. With the issues i have it makes my daily life seem like a constant battle. Only untill now am i seeking help. All of those listed above are in my medical record or diagnosed by a doctor. I have some questions Do i have the right to get copies of the doctors findings that the VA sent me to. How long should it be before i hear from the VA. I would be happy with 20 percent and medical help but i dont know what to expect. If theres anyone out there that could shine some light on my situation it would be very helpful ..thank you

R/s

LanceJoseph

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

a fight it is what they do best as far as all of your mental issues they will only grant a claim for the most severe and ignore the others basically by the CFR they can only pay one to pay more would be called pyramiding and they don't allow it most of us with PTSD have multiple mental health diagnosis me I am PTSD and OCD I am rated 100% PTSD your PTSD rating will either be 0, 10, 30, 50, 70 or 100% they do not rate mental health issues using the even number 20, 40 or 60.......tinnitus is a 10% award if they grant it.....acid reflux I don't know do you have to take any prescription meds for it daily? The VA sends me prevacid 2 times a day they have tried me on every generic type in the formulary and they don't work only prevacid does

how many of them are listed in your military service medical records? If you get 50% or more they will take care of all of your medical issues regardless if they are SC or not your main concern is getting the issues you can SC and then see where you fit into the grand scheme of things if you get rated at 10 or 20% they will usually only treat the SC medical problems unless you are a low income veterans and meet the guidelines for the means test which basically means if you earn less than 25,000 a year and have the time in service to be entitled to VA healthcare and have a honorable discharge

the eligibility rules get into the weeds it used to be 90 days of service during a war before 1980 and then they changed it to 24 months etc it gets hard to explain but they have it in black or white for the eligibility part of it

for the PTSD you are going to have to show how it is SC date time place and names that you can remember some medals make it easier for the claim CIB, purple heart CAR etc they have relaxed the standards as of 13 July 2010 but they didn't throw them out you still pretty much have to prove something happened to you while in service more than a drill sergeant scared you in basic or AIT