VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tbi Still Waiting

Rate this question

kansasguy

Question

Been a long time since I been on here. I got the latest report for my TBI claim what do you think?

I got a copy of my exam. The dr wrote

Depression as a residual of TBI is as least as likely as not (50/50 probabilty) cause by or result of TBI caused by the fall in service

Rationale for opinon given:

He also has been depressed and under therapy for a extended period of time due to assualt in the military as well as behavorial and alcohol abuse in post service life makeing accurate diagnoise very complicated. The syptoms of PTSD as well as TBI are entertwined and over lapping and in this veterans case clouded from issues related to military experance and those incidents transferred to his post service military life. tbi can certainly cause emotional lability and can effect a soildiers underlaying behavorial patterns. Coupled with the head injury he more likly than not substain a grade 1 concusion from the fall can very well induce depression and can be grounds for at least aggravating his depresstion condition. Therefore I do agree with C&P Dr.XXXX this is very complicated case to accurately pin point the exact cause of the veteran contention. It is noted and well documented he substained a head injury and physical assualt in service and his anger and social interactions are also well documented. I still believe that the veteran has a complex array of depression, TBI, ptsd issues along with alcohol abuse which i believe is at least likely as not caused by a result of TBI issues from military service. It is reasonable to grant the veteran bennifit of the doubt that his patterns of behavirol could very well have started after his head injury and gradually esclated to his presant depression problems he experances today.

"Dr.XXXX wrote depression was less likely as not caused by tbi but more probable caused by PTSD from the assult I had. But on end of his report he said he could not say for sure what is causeing the depression since the serveity has varied over time since service.

What do you think?

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Kansas guy, I'm from Kansas ,also.

I read your comments and found them to be quite interesting. I'm also a KS guy and am still awaiting a decision from the decision board after almost two years. Your comments are somewhat dated and I am wondering the outcome of your case. After reading your comments twice, it seems to me to be a no brainer (i.e., no joke intended). If they are saying more than likely then the physician either agrees with you or is leaning in a positive direction.

I would like to know what your outcome is/was. Please respond. I'm meeting with a physician in Kansas City next month who has already told me that he can't believe they can't come to a dx. Thanks, Go JayHawks!