VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Sucess

Rate this question

jerlor

Question

After my rating was increased to 70% due to appeal, the TDIU went rather quickly,I am 30% for Larynx cancer and 40% for major depression. I had 3 C&P exams, one for blood work, one with a ear nose and throat doctor and one with a shrink. All were very nice and listened to what my wife had to say. My VASO was also very helpful. I am thankful for all who post here. I read almost all post and got a lot of good advise. My experience with the VA has been a positive one. I am attending PTSD classes and trying to cope with the loss of vocal cords, my job etc. The TDIU sure is a big help. Good luck to all getting what is well deserved. My advise would be to be nice to the examiner, I think it is important for him to like you. It also helps to have all your ducks in order.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Oh-that is better than complete loss of speech-

you did well on this award.

I hope you can enjoy some of the retro.

Your ducks were in a row (and well armed with evidence) !

I am indeed sorry for your suffering but am most grateful to hear of your most rapid success in getting your TDIU. It took me 5 years and I wouldn't wish that on anybody. (well, a few politicians maybe...:dry:)

Berta, you well know that having your "ducks in a row" and being "well armed with evidence" doesn't mean squat when you have C&P examiners falsifying records, pushing your limbs until you yell during range of motion testing and then deny it to your face (but hey, no witnesses allowed).

Then at the end when I finally got it approved I needed 3 signatures and a person at the regional office had my file for several weeks and refused to release to anyone to sign off on! (one case where it was good to have a service organization rep. My organization's supervisor had to go straight to the regional office manager and had my file ordered released and hand carried it through for the signatures.)

No, this vet had a lot more going for him/her (sorry, no offense meant!) than just being prepared.(Not that I'm suggesting anything less will do!) Hopefully, wherever they had their exams done and their regional office make a regular practice of treating their veterans as honestly as they have this person.

Edited by Jayg