VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C+P Exam

Rate this question

willie 74

Question

:excl: :excl: Got a copy of my C&P for depression, This is what the breakdown is. Just wanted to see what your thoughts are on it. Thank you all.

I am currently rated

40-IVDS

40-BLADDER PROBLEMS

10-Tinnitus

10-Gerd

10-Cubital Tunnel

10-Sciatica For a VA total of 80% disabled

Put another claim in for deppression, panic attacks

Multi-Axial Diagnosis

Axis I Major Depressive disorder, chronic, mild, panic disorder withoutagoraphobia.

Axis II None

Axis III See medical records

Axis IV Primary stressors: chronic pain, bladder problems, recent demise of primary relationship

Axis V Gaf=55

Impression: Mr.Willie 74 is a Coast Guard veteren who meets diagnostic criteria for depression and panic disorder. His inability to manage his panic attacks and his lack of motivation and productivity impact his work functioning. He will likely have diffleculties at this time in any regualr work environment where he feels significant stress. His social functioning is also low. He reported that his prior relationship of two years broke up with him becuase of his physical medical problems. This has increased his isolation and concerns about interacting with others. He does enjoy spending time with his brother.

There is no indication the veteren is not competent to manage any award if granted.

Mr. Willie 74 has undergone mental health treatment in the past with some benefits. He had only recently engaged with the ????? veterns affairs medical center. If he does continue to be engaged in mental health care, it is likely that his mood would improve.

Based on the availiable information, it is more likely than not that his depression and panic attacks are cuased or exacerbated by his service connected medical problems..

I have been seeing a phyc for almost a year and then I decided to claim for depression and panic attacks. My past Gaf were 50

and the C&p gaf was 55.

What do you all think? I have applied for IU after my intial disability claim and was denied.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Willie... I was just awarded an increase from 10% to 50% for Major Depressive Disorder (recurring) and Anxiety Disorder with a GAF of 60. I was expecting 30% - this was the VA Facility in Waco Texas. You never know! Good Luck to you.

• HadIt.com Elder

I had a GAF of 50 and got 70%. My IMO's pointed to 100% but the VA made if very difficult for me back in 2001. I think they have gotten much more liberal in the last ten years.

John

Thanks for your timely post. I have a C&P exam with a shrink this Wednesday, and I am a nervous wreck as I do no trust any govt medical person at all. But, your post did give me some hope that I will not get totally shafted.

Papa

John

Thanks for your timely post. I have a C&P exam with a shrink this Wednesday, and I am a nervous wreck as I do no trust any govt medical person at all. But, your post did give me some hope that I will not get totally shafted.

Papa

I just finished my C&P this past week. Just remember to be honest and don't hold anything back. If you do hold stuff in they will not get a clear picture of what you suffer with daily. When he asks how you are doing don't say "good" if you really are not. If you are not doing well that morning and are streesed out from worrying about the C&P and couldn't sleep tell him that. And don't be surprised when they throw an odd question or two in. My doc asked me what I thought "don't throw stones if you live in a glass house" meant.

"What do you all think? I have applied for IU after my intial disability claim and was denied."

Do I read this right- you are 74 years old?

"He will likely have diffleculties at this time in any regualr work environment where he feels significant stress." DUH!!!!!

But this speaks to the fact that VA doesn't consider age a factor in TDIU claims------ (I guess)

"Based on the availiable information, it is more likely than not that his depression and panic attacks are cuased or exacerbated by his service connected medical problems." That should get you an award.

And I certainly feel the award should be TDIU.Have you re applied for TDIU?

"I have applied for IU after my intial disability claim and was denied."

???? Can you tell us exactly why they denied you TDIU?

"If he does continue to be engaged in mental health care, it is likely that his mood would improve"

Geez a doctor with a crystal ball.........

Welcome here-others will chime in too.