VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Presumptives Going Through Now

Rate this question

DuRock

Question

Just called the 800 number to check on status of my Ischemic Heart AO claim, young lady informed me that all of the new presumptive claims were now being processed without further delay. She said that it was now out of Congress and that the VA is presently processing all claims as of yesterday. Can anyone else confirm this information, as far as I am concerned this is great news for everyone concerned.

DuRock

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Both John and I have received emails from NVLSP saying this could be a lengthy process. ( new AO presumptive claims)

I thought I got that statement because I have an unusual AO IHD claim situation.But apparently maybe NVLSP is stating that to any AO vet or widow they hear from.

I dont expect any cash until 2011. Maybe.

With the super dooper IBM system that was supposed to make these claims go faster (and that is snafued already)

I still suggest strongly for anyone filing under these new presumptives to attach to their claim -copies of any evidence they have of diagnosis and in case of IHD- to make sure the VA readily sees evidence of ischemic heart disease by METS test results, and/or ECHO as to the ejection fraction.

Rick at NVLSP (an AO expert) told me they would still have to send out VCAA letters on these new claims.That will take tme and then their is the response period added to it.

I feel the VCAA could be waived if the vet or widow sends them apply evidence right from the git go but he said that would never happen because they cant deny us our VCAA rights.

(yeah right) I never got my VCAA rights for my last claim and the BVA recognized that error-but I had the only thing that mattered-the medical evidence.

I wold actually love to get a real VCAA letter this time.

It indeed will be interesting to see what kind of SNAFU the DAV can come up with to delay claims payments? Still, to rate and award to Vet's who have completed the claims process should be a simple matter?

Personally, as noted in a post I made to this forum several months ago regarding my "C" file, I just this week finally received the copy of my file. The good side of the delay in getting the copy of my file is that it now includes my IHD Claim and I received a copy of the C&P Exam that I underwent in July. The C&P report, which states that it is "Final" in it's conclusion finds that I am diagnosed with IHD and that my LV Dysfunction equates to an ejection fraction of less than 30%. I assume that based upon this report rating my claim under the current guidelines should be a no-brainer? How long could it possibly take to have the computer cut an award letter and begin payments? I guess we will see?

Jim

A poster on another board has posted that he has received an award letter and it was favorable which also had a payment start date of Nov.1, 2010

Trying to get this clarified now!

stillhere: Can you also post the State and City the VARO is in??

Likewise,,, if anyone else has posts as to the effective A/O payout date, a City/State for that VARO would be helpful too.

thanks

tom

A poster on another board has posted that he has received an award letter and it was favorable which also had a payment start date of Nov.1, 2010

Trying to get this clarified now!

Rick at NVLSP (an AO expert) told me they would still have to send out VCAA letters on these new claims.That will take tme and then their is the response period added to it.

I feel the VCAA could be waived if the vet or widow sends them apply evidence right from the git go but he said that would never happen because they cant deny us our VCAA rights.

(yeah right) I never got my VCAA rights for my last claim and the BVA recognized that error-but I had the only thing that mattered-the medical evidence.

I wold actually love to get a real VCAA letter this time.

Berta,

Like you, I deal with the Buffalo VARO, and I received the VCAA notice for my presumptive IHD claim on 9/1/2010. I had the C&P exam on 9/21 at the Syracuse VAMC. I guess they are at least working on these claims. That might be good news.

Edited by JustPLS

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are already SC'ed for arteriosclerotic heart disease is it possible to get SC'ed for IHD as well? Would the VA just combine these disabilites under one or the other DX? Are these two diseases differenct or the same thing with another name like CAD? Would the VA be likely to call us in for C&P exams for the IHD claims?