VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why Do I Have To Enroll In Every State I Go To

Rate this topic

Ditto on vadds. Really all you need when you go to a new Va is you social and date of birth. That will pull all information from the prior Va. They then should be able to access the medical records. No dd214 should be needed. No income information should be needed unless means test is due. Again only thing needed is San and Dob. Sorry you had a rough one.

Edited by T8r

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

VAdds, sorry for the poke. I didnt mean anything negative.

As a veteran and former adminstrator for the VA the points of contact for a traveling veteran to get care at another facility is just another case of putting budget over patient care.

The Veteran does not care an should be concerned about the budget process as they just want to see the Doctor.

The VA can easily streamline the process very easy as we all have ID cards with barcodes that links us to our home VA's.

That card can be scanned and all treatment monies owed can be debited from the Home VA Budget without a load of red tape. But that is too easy for a big organization to comprehend.

Just think, If we streamlined the VA system, it would be amazing how many GS 4 Know it all's could be transferred into other areas like claims at the regional offices as more budget would be available for patient care. This would also promote those folks to higher grades as a quality of life increase.

Anyone ever heard the term putting the veteran first? It is time to act on that philosiphy and not just repeat meaning less words.

That is what quality assurance is all about.

I don't think so. The va talks a big talk about their health care system beinng the best but I have found a lot of faults with it. Their record system dosen't keep up with the veterans like they say it does. Next time you go to the va show them your va ID card and give them your last four digits of your social security#. That should be all the info you need to stop the BS. If this don't work go to the advocate and express your thoughts in a way he or she can understand at the elementary level.

.Next time you go to the va show them your va ID card and give them your last four digits of your social security#. That should be all the info you need to stop the BS. If this don't work go to the advocate and express your thoughts in a way he or she can understand at the elementary level.

trailblazer,

The above is really not even a possibility when you arrive at a VAMC - ER by ambulance -

you're laid out on a stretcher - it's 2:00 AM and there is only a skeleton crew of staff available.

Patient advocates office is an acre away and doesn't open up for several more hours.

A significant factor in my frustration is perception: I think of the VA like a national bank.

If I've gone through all the procedures to open an account at Example Bank, then I can go to any branch nationwide and obtain the same service as if I was at my home branch.

The VA is Advertised as being like Example Bank, but the Administration of it is actually compartmentalized and this isn't explained to the veteran.

Plus- the Traveling Veteran option has never been offered to me by any of the worker bees at nearly a dozen VA facilities I've approached for care, even though I explained to them that I'm a full-time traveler.

Bank employees are quick to suggest account options that may better suit my style, which requires employees to be informed.

Just a little more on the subject.

Edited by Notorious Kelly

The integrated system is not setup in that manner, but it would greatly improve things for the patients and the staff if it were. There is a Master Patient Index that VISN's can obtain information. However, they cannot see your information until you register. The registration (eligibility) staff can access the MPI using the Register Once option, but they cannot do that without your full name, ssn, and dob. The card, last name and last four won't work until they access the MPI to pull your record. The MPI will not work unless there is sufficient information to identify a record. If they have a scanner, the card may work since that information is stored on the card. You do not have to complete an application, especially if you are not staying in the area the Register Once option will retrieve your remote data. It is the primary facility that is responsible for updating your information. However, if you will be there a period of time it may be helpful to load a temporary address in case prescriptions need mailed.