VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Back From C&p (Mental Health)

Rate this question

Papa

Question

Just got back from my C&P examination, and I was a nervous wreck for weeks prior to. Now, I found out that it was not as bad as I imagined. Most of the credit goes to the wonderful people on this board for the encouragement and advice. The Doctor ask me why was I there, since the VA already has the report from the first Shrink. I told her that I really do not know, but had emailed the first Doctor, and ask for advice, and told him that I was getting worse. She said that this Doctor, who she knew and actually was a partner with for about 10 years, may have sent something to the VA. Told her that I had to retire because I could no longer focus, and since I was a warranted contracting officer, that I had to be sure what I signed, and had to recall what I said to people, etc. Told her that I can handle my family bills, and that I was getting violent. She ask me when I walked in how I was feeling, and I told her that I have not felt right, felt happy, or normal for over 40 years, so why should this day be any different. Towards the end of the session she told me that she will be writing up an increase in my disability, but knowing the VA, do not look for anything until Jan 2011. Now, I have my General Medical C&P this month.

Papa

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Good luck Papa. I understand about the Contracting... I do alot of that for the Fed Gov right now.

George