VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Disability Rating

Rate this question

Sgt Schmidt

Question

I'm not sure if this question has been answered else where in the forum. If so, excuse me.

I'm currently rated at 30% and have three claims pending for which I have already had my C&P exams. PN, IHD, and PTSD/Depression & Anxiety. I'm assuming that the IHD alone will push me over the 100% + mark rating but like alot of us, we are still waiting on that decision. Oh, by the way, I called the 1-800- number and was told they would make a final decision on my PN claim after my PTSD exam. What's does PN have to do with PTSD???

My question is, Will I qualify for medicare if my total disability rating reaches100%?

I filed for SSDI over a year ago on the advise of my cardiologist and was denied through all 4 steps because there was a debatable question if I still qualified for SSDI since I hadn't paid in to it for almost 10 years. My attorney of course turned out to be a flunky, didn't have the guts to take on the goverment, and like many others, I got screwed........ :blush:

Your input is appreciated.....

Jeff

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

First and most important you need to make sure that Social Security is using the last date you worked and not going back from a current date. This can make all the difference.

Good Luck

And that they (SSA) are using all of your Military service time too.

• HadIt.com Elder

getting SC at a 100% will not get you medicare you have to be disabled by SSD or get regular SS to get medicare if you get at least 50% SC then the VA will cover all of your medical care regardless if the issue is SC or not except for dental care that you have to be 100% for or have a SC dental issue

getting SC at a 100% will not get you medicare you have to be disabled by SSD or get regular SS to get medicare if you get at least 50% SC then the VA will cover all of your medical care regardless if the issue is SC or not except for dental care that you have to be 100% for or have a SC dental issue

Thanks for the information. I have about 20 months before I can draw SSI. Guess I'll just have to wait a little longer. :wink:

• HadIt.com Elder

SSI is not the same as SSD. When you get SSD you have a two year wait to get medicare. Really, SSD, medicare and VA have little to do with each other. You get SSI if you are at poverty level and are disabled. You then get medicade.

Don't count on a 100% schedular rating unless the IHD is rated at 100% by itself.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks for the information. I have about 20 months before I can draw SSI. Guess I'll just have to wait a little longer. :wink:

Dont wait to file. File for SSDI asap. Also medicare waits 24 months to start after you get SSSDI unless you are on Kidney Dialysiis.

J