VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

6 Wek In-House Treatment Or 12 Weekly Individual Sesssions

Rate this question

mrs rockman (widow of vet)

Question

I had an appointment with the mental health lady at my local va out patient clinic to do a PTSD evaluation. I had already had one session of about 2 hours and she wanted me to come back for the eval. She could not figure out whay I have not applied for PTSD before- since it had been 38 years since leaving Vietnam. I went in on 10-04-10 & I guess it was sort of an eval. She asked me if I needed any more sessions. I told her that I needed someone to talk to besides my wife and some co-workers. She then said that she wanted me to go to a 6 week in house thing at my local VA hospital or come to her office for 12 weeks for an hour each. Then she said that she wants me to come back in to see her in 1-3 weeks, but scratched the 1 off, since I was going to be out of town. I have an appointment on this Friday to do the rest of the eval, I think and talk about filing a claim.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

Since all of this VA claim "stuff", I constantly have nightmares and flashbacks. My wife has learned more in the past 3 weeks about Nam than she has in 26 years. All this is not helping at work. I really never forgotten any of the things, but just kind of put it aside.

Any help will be appreciated.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thank you and you have a great evening. I will keep all of you informed.

Once I get past all of the evals and the C & P, I will feel a hundred times better.

I forgot to mention that I

Thank you and you have a great evening. I will keep all of you informed.

Once I get past all of the evals and the C & P, I will feel a hundred times better.

I just now remembered that I also received the CIB along with the PH & BSM WITH "V' Device. I hope that all three of t hese will help when I file for PTSD along with the stressors that I have written up for the claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think what you want to do now is so how severe your PTSD is and how it affects your daily life. Let us know when you get ready for your C&P exam.