VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dic Form

red

Question

I guess you have seen where I posted with regards to dic for my wife, who is incapacitated with a stroke. I need to get the right kind of attorney to help me with this. I also am making a folder for my kids to have with all the important papers and forms to take care of her, such as insurance polices, pensions, etc. Could you tell me what form I could add to this folder with regards to D.I.C. I am 100% t&p and reached ten years this past June. Thank all of you for all you do for disabled veterans on this board. Also, do you know how much she would receive? I also have a&a which pays about 140 per month.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

The form for DIC is VA form 21-534 and is available at the VA web site under forms.

The rate for survivors of veterans who qualify for DIC is presently $1154 a month.

The VA will also award survivors receiving DIC additional HB or A & A benefits if they meet the specific criteria as within this part of a recent BVA case.(38 CFR 3.351).

The appellant seeks special monthly and/or increased DIC

benefits based on the need for regular aid and attendance or

by reason of being housebound. She contends that she is

totally blind and always in the care of her grandchildren,

and that she is totally disabled and can no longer perform

any housework.

The appellant seeks increased DIC and/or SMC benefits

pursuant to various provisions of 38 C.F.R. § 3.351. See 38

C.F.R. § 3.351(a)(b)©(e).

source:http://www4.va.gov/vetapp10/files2/1016082.txt

Unfortunately the widow above did not go to a required C & P exam and this claim was denied.

We did some SVR shows on this subject and I believe we also have info posted here under having a Death file.

The file should include your will, health care proxy, etc and also what your burial wishes are and if you want to be an organ donor.

Also it should have your DD 214 and any DD 215 if you have one and any internet passwords they might need sch as if you pay your bills on line etc.

I commend you for doing this now.

I started my death file and notice I still need to add to it.

It isnt fun to do but there is Peace of Mind knowing your survivors will have direction on what to do after your death.

They will be grateful you took the time to do this.