VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medical Changes By Private Doctor

Rate this question

Papa

Question

Prior to my PTSD C&P exam, my private doctor had me do a lot of labs. I had an appointment with my doctor 2 days after the PTSD exam. My doctor ask me how it went, and told him the same thing I told the physc. While I was already on citalopram at 30MG, he increased it to 40MG. He also put me on clonazepam .5MG to help me sleep. My Hypothyroidism has gone haywire. He ordered a sleep study because my labs as saying that my sleep is screwed up, and my testosterone level is very low. My sugar level is way off and prescribed a drug to help me get my sugar right, as it is killing my pancreas. Is anyone else on these meds?

Papa

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Prior to my PTSD C&P exam, my private doctor had me do a lot of labs. I had an appointment with my doctor 2 days after the PTSD exam. My doctor ask me how it went, and told him the same thing I told the physc. While I was already on citalopram at 30MG, he increased it to 40MG. He also put me on clonazepam .5MG to help me sleep. My Hypothyroidism has gone haywire. He ordered a sleep study because my labs as saying that my sleep is screwed up, and my testosterone level is very low. My sugar level is way off and prescribed a drug to help me get my sugar right, as it is killing my pancreas. Is anyone else on these meds?

Papa

yes, just not all of them................BTW, most males over, say, 50 years old or so, are low on testerone. Being low on testerone can cause ALL SORTS of problems and not all these problems are "sexual" in nature. Take "forgetfulness" or "irritability", or even "dry and itching skin" -----seriously.

I've always been a proponent of the fact that "male menopause" exists, just like the female variety. We men actually attempt, in our own minds, to somewhat disparage our female counterparts when they are enduring the effects of menopause.....................when, if the truth were told (by any of us guys), we are affected just as much in some areas as the gals are. But, we have not been led (or allowed to) to believe such facts.

I LIKE MY TESTOSTERONE! After my wife the RN, finally convinced me that bio-identicle (sp?) hormones were not JUST for women and talked me into a testosterone test and therapy.................heck, now I'd take it by the pint if they'd prescribe it that way!

Edited by LarryJ