VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question On Sexual Assault Trauma - TRIGGERS

Rate this question

airdale

Question

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Airdale-just read your post and am so sorry about your SA, subsequent trials with VA. and your health issues. It takes a lot of courage for any rape victim to come forward, but especially for a guy. I'm just appalled that anyone thought that your assault was a "gay" issue, including you. You have no way of knowing your abusers sexual orientation, those two guys could have had wives and children. Rape is not about SEX, it's about power and intimidation. My heart aches for you. I don't have any helpful information to help you with your claim; but, just had to let you know that someone out here in cyberspace cares about you and wishes you well with your health and your claim. Take care of yourself.

Lorraine

They denied my claim for PTSD soon after I filed it, and I was told by PAO that I needed supporting claim and doctor's statement, which I appealed and filed for HIV-related.

1. What is the date of your denial letter?

2. Were there multiple issues in the denial?

3. Have you filed the NOD?

4. Do you have a service rep?

Airdale-just read your post and am so sorry about your SA, subsequent trials with VA. and your health issues. It takes a lot of courage for any rape victim to come forward, but especially for a guy. I'm just appalled that anyone thought that your assault was a "gay" issue, including you. You have no way of knowing your abusers sexual orientation, those two guys could have had wives and children. Rape is not about SEX, it's about power and intimidation. My heart aches for you. I don't have any helpful information to help you with your claim; but, just had to let you know that someone out here in cyberspace cares about you and wishes you well with your health and your claim. Take care of yourself.

Lorraine

Lorraine...

Thanks for what you have posted here. I have to admit that I am so thrown by what has happened to Airdale that I find it difficult to express. I notice that there have been a lot of views of this forum, but you and I are the only folks who have posted a reply. I am trying to figure out how to provide concrete help for Airdale, so I am concentrating on where he is in the process and the timeline associated with it. I'm sure that folks want to be of some help, but I think his story is so devastating that it is difficult to focus on anything but the emotional impact. Hopefully Airdale will answer the questions I listed above and give folks some hard data to sink their teeth into. I, too, find his story wrenching...

sheila

They denied my claim for PTSD soon after I filed it, and I was told by PAO that I needed supporting claim and doctor's statement, which

I appealed and filed for HIV-related. I actually initially filed for this back in 1978, but certain things were unknown at that time so the filing was for intestinal problems, which is vague and was denied. My PTSD diagnosis came about 2000.

air,

I will come right out and say this post brought up many problems with my MST/PTSD.

When you post of this nature please put the word TRIGGERS in the subject line.

I am going to edit your Subject title now and do this.

At this point, has VA ever granted SC for any of your "HIV-related", yet ?