VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Service Records

Rate this question

Arizona Garry

Question

Good morning everyone,

Received a letter from the VA stating that they had requested my medical records and if they had not received it by November 21 they would made a decision on my claims.

They also stated that I could provide alternate proof and listed what I could provide, is the letter a type of form letter the VA uses?

I gave the Va when I filed a copy of my medical record and dd214 and other requested docs.

What happens if they can not find the originial medical records.

I still have one copy left of my medical records should I give that to them, that would make two copies I have given them

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Whatever you DO! DO NOT give them your only copy. MAKE COPIES! Always keep a copy stored in a safe place.

AS to the rest, I don't know since I am just a layperson. But WHATEVER you do, DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR LAST COPY! MAKE EXTRA COPIES!

It is well worth it.

I wish you well.

You might want to look at my website. It might help. it is free, no ads, no hidden agenda.

fanaticbooks

sorry, didn't mean to rant, but it is VERY important to keep personal copies of everything!

Are you talking about SMR's or private medical records? I don't see how they can make any decision without SMR's.

I am talking about SMR's, the letter that the VA sent me made it sound like they did not have my original SMR, however I gave them a copy.

In any event they said that a decision would be made next month..