VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ratings That May Be Coming Your Way?

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

I have seen a few posts on other sites where some vets are telling vets that 100% is the MAX we can get!

This is not true. While 100% for one condition IS the MAX if you have other conditions and they add up to 60% then your compensation will go up based on an SMC benefit awarded. The rate tables for the SMC awards are at the same area as the regular rates just click of the SMC rates on that page and it opens up.

IN SMC it is based on severity if you have 60% then it would be SMC-S or housebound there is also rates for missing hands feet and eyes just look at the tables for SMC N M and so on.

Now when you have been awarded 100% for your Heart as I have I also was awarded SMC-S housebound because I met the % needed by my other disabilities.

Also the figure in the SMC chart is what you will be comped at not adding the other chart to this chart.

In my case at 100% + S and SMC-K (for ED) I get a check each month of 3,352.00 I thing.

Peace brothers and sisters!

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Stillhere

That is a nice junk of tax free money each month. In order to get that from a taxable source you would probably have to earn 5000K. We may be the only ones in America who have decent retirement pensions besides Wall Street and politicians.

I find your retirement comment completely out ouf line, none of us wanted or expected these long term health problems ,they were /are caused buy the goverment errors give me back my born health profile and the politicians stuff this pittifully inadaquit responceto the damage done by the use of ao.

I find your retirement comment completely out ouf line, none of us wanted or expected these long term health problems ,they were /are caused buy the goverment errors give me back my born health profile and the politicians stuff this pittifully inadaquit responceto the damage done by the use of ao.

suds,

Welcome to Hadit.

Here's the first bit of help you will get here -

DON'T come in here trying to kick down doors.

You have absolutely no idea who you said that to - A 100 percent service connected Viet Nam vet.

Perhaps you should re-read his post before you come in and express you are

offended right off the bat and telling someone else they are "out of line".

If you want to continue like this right from the get-go then just go away.

Now if you're a vet looking for help and support, you are more than welcome to stay,

but I strongly suggest you think more before you hit that "post" button.

That is a little bit of over reaction to John's post. I took NO offence to it and you should not either. We are all suffering from this and have other issues too. It is VERY sad that our government did this to us and I am an example of what can and does happen. Unfortunately it is what it is and I am just trying to live life for as long as I can and enjoy it.

Lot of us could be gone tomorrow lets not nit pick and fight among ourselves.

I have seen a few posts on other sites where some vets are telling vets that 100% is the MAX we can get!

This is not true. While 100% for one condition IS the MAX if you have other conditions and they add up to 60% then your compensation will go up based on an SMC benefit awarded. The rate tables for the SMC awards are at the same area as the regular rates just click of the SMC rates on that page and it opens up.

IN SMC it is based on severity if you have 60% then it would be SMC-S or housebound there is also rates for missing hands feet and eyes just look at the tables for SMC N M and so on.

Now when you have been awarded 100% for your Heart as I have I also was awarded SMC-S housebound because I met the % needed by my other disabilities.

Also the figure in the SMC chart is what you will be comped at not adding the other chart to this chart.

In my case at 100% + S and SMC-K (for ED) I get a check each month of 3,352.00 I thing.

Peace brothers and sisters!

Thank you for that. I have wondered about that after reading other's postings. This really helps me understand.