VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ratings That May Be Coming Your Way?

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

I have seen a few posts on other sites where some vets are telling vets that 100% is the MAX we can get!

This is not true. While 100% for one condition IS the MAX if you have other conditions and they add up to 60% then your compensation will go up based on an SMC benefit awarded. The rate tables for the SMC awards are at the same area as the regular rates just click of the SMC rates on that page and it opens up.

IN SMC it is based on severity if you have 60% then it would be SMC-S or housebound there is also rates for missing hands feet and eyes just look at the tables for SMC N M and so on.

Now when you have been awarded 100% for your Heart as I have I also was awarded SMC-S housebound because I met the % needed by my other disabilities.

Also the figure in the SMC chart is what you will be comped at not adding the other chart to this chart.

In my case at 100% + S and SMC-K (for ED) I get a check each month of 3,352.00 I thing.

Peace brothers and sisters!

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have seen a few posts on other sites where some vets are telling vets that 100% is the MAX we can get!

This is not true. While 100% for one condition IS the MAX if you have other conditions and they add up to 60% then your compensation will go up based on an SMC benefit awarded. The rate tables for the SMC awards are at the same area as the regular rates just click of the SMC rates on that page and it opens up.

IN SMC it is based on severity if you have 60% then it would be SMC-S or housebound there is also rates for missing hands feet and eyes just look at the tables for SMC N M and so on.

Now when you have been awarded 100% for your Heart as I have I also was awarded SMC-S housebound because I met the % needed by my other disabilities.

Also the figure in the SMC chart is what you will be comped at not adding the other chart to this chart.

In my case at 100% + S and SMC-K (for ED) I get a check each month of 3,352.00 I thing.

Peace brothers and sisters!

Getting back to the original post on this thread, I am intrigued by this information, especially as it might or might not relate to my specific situation. I suppose that I am one of the individuals referred to when it comes to believing that 100% is the maximum compensation one can get. At least under certain circumstances. I am aware of SMC, but from what I have been able to determine by reading the reg's I have not found it to be applicable to my situation, which is as follows:

I currently receive 90% Disability Compensation as a direct result of wounds received in Combat. Under the guidelines of the new IHD Presumptive, as I understand them, I will likely be rated 100% for AO IHD. This in effect would make me 190% disabled? But, going back to my original understanding of what is the "maximum", I will receive only the basic 100% Compensation. Is this not correct thinking?

Jim

• HadIt.com Elder

Your IHD being 100 percent puts tyou at SMC S. or total plus 60. You will not be rated any higher unless you have Loss of use of extremeties, vision, Voice Box.

SMC S aint too bad.

I would like to see an SMC paid for loss of use of a Lung.

J

Getting back to the original post on this thread, I am intrigued by this information, especially as it might or might not relate to my specific situation. I suppose that I am one of the individuals referred to when it comes to believing that 100% is the maximum compensation one can get. At least under certain circumstances. I am aware of SMC, but from what I have been able to determine by reading the reg's I have not found it to be applicable to my situation, which is as follows:

I currently receive 90% Disability Compensation as a direct result of wounds received in Combat. Under the guidelines of the new IHD Presumptive, as I understand them, I will likely be rated 100% for AO IHD. This in effect would make me 190% disabled? But, going back to my original understanding of what is the "maximum", I will receive only the basic 100% Compensation. Is this not correct thinking?

Jim

As jB says you will qualify for SMC-s and if you are like me SMC-K for ED that is what I was granted after my heart went to 100% I actually have a 50% + 20% + 4 10"s so I am well over the 60% required as you will be also!!

Good Luck to you!

Well, I must say this SMC-s would be good news for me. This is the first I have been aware of this and I really appreciate the information. Personally, I have been unable to locate where to find this information on SMC-s (oither than the rate table which I was able to locate), can someone point me in the right direction as to where I can find this in the reg's?

Thanks