VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ratings That May Be Coming Your Way?

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

I have seen a few posts on other sites where some vets are telling vets that 100% is the MAX we can get!

This is not true. While 100% for one condition IS the MAX if you have other conditions and they add up to 60% then your compensation will go up based on an SMC benefit awarded. The rate tables for the SMC awards are at the same area as the regular rates just click of the SMC rates on that page and it opens up.

IN SMC it is based on severity if you have 60% then it would be SMC-S or housebound there is also rates for missing hands feet and eyes just look at the tables for SMC N M and so on.

Now when you have been awarded 100% for your Heart as I have I also was awarded SMC-S housebound because I met the % needed by my other disabilities.

Also the figure in the SMC chart is what you will be comped at not adding the other chart to this chart.

In my case at 100% + S and SMC-K (for ED) I get a check each month of 3,352.00 I thing.

Peace brothers and sisters!

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thank you, this is what I was looking for.

Jim

I had my prostrate removed for prostraye cancer, althought the opeation was sucessfull I lost my ability to ejeculate therfore rendering me starile. Would that quilitie for compensation. I already recive 20% for prostrate camcer and have an overall rating of 70%.

Thanks

Jframe01

I had my prostrate removed for prostraye cancer, althought the opeation was sucessfull I lost my ability to ejeculate therfore rendering me starile. Would that quilitie for compensation. I already recive 20% for prostrate camcer and have an overall rating of 70%.

Thanks

Jframe01

Could be but not sure on that. I would think that you have ED and that is a SMC award K for 96 bucks a month. If you have a VSO give them a call.

Also check in the Cancer forum and see what the vets there have done.

Oops! I though there was a Cancer forum on this site.

I still would do some checking with your VSO. If he handled your Prostate award he missed the ball if he did not get ED for you I would think.

Edited by stillhere

Thanks

Jframe01

jframe,

"althought the opeation was sucessfull I lost my ability to ejeculate therfore rendering me starile".

Being able to ejaculate does not necessarily make one sterile.

Is there a way medically, like by going to a fertility clinic, that they can go in

and grab a bunch of your little swimmers and do in-vitro fertilization ?