VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam For Chin Scar

Rate this question

Papa

Question

Something just dawned on me regarding my upcoming General Medical C&P Examination. They want to examine the scars under my chin. I have never claimed this. So, how or why would the VA want to examine it? They must have gone through my medical records to find it. Just thought this was odd.

Papa

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Thanks Carlie. I don't know what I would be rated, but it is something that I should have done long ago. I take it that you only get rated for scars on your face. I have a 14 inch large scar across my body. Would that be ratable?

Papa

Papa, yes, scars are rateable. Check out the table Carly refers to - it'll give you an idea of rating based on the location, size, depth, etc.

In my opinion, scar's get rated very frequently at zero percent.

The main factor's for scar's to receive a compensable rating is:

their location and disfigurement

whether or not they are painful, tender, malnourished or have keloids

or are attached to XXX.

Papa,

Look over 38 CFR Part $ -

oh I meant Part 4,

Schedule of Rating Disability for scars under Skin.

I am currently going through the appeal process for a group of scars on my face. I am rated at 0% for 2 scars on my face, resulting from a reoccuring rash across my face that reoccurs during very hot periods of the year. It hasn't been classified as rosacea , although I think that is what they want to classify it as. I haven't been able to locate rosacea in the code anywhere, but it is rated as scars.

It started while stationed in Japan near an incinerator that was used to dispose of human waste. I am trying to establish enough information for consideration under 7804 code as unstable scars because the outbreaks always occure in the same location and compounds the scaring. Also trying for code 8706 Dermatitis or eczema due to the treatment method used. Have an on going presciption for corticosteriodss and topical treatments. I also have photographic proof of the condition dating back at least 6 years.

I have been working on this part of my claim since May of 2008, it can take a while. good luck.