VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does Filing For Tdiu Always Mean Another C&p?

Rate this question

hedgey

Question

I'm seeing that it's common, but I have to ask. I went through my PTSD in July and it felt like it about killed me. The thought of another one is terrifying.

I'm rated 70% for PTSD, and another 20% for foot issues. My decision records that I just got say that all my conditions are static.

In the records of my C&P from July, the examiner wrote that my condition makes it very unlikely that I would be able to obtain employment.

I believe that my VA therapist has said the same thing in my progress notes (reading my MH notes is distressing so I avoid it).

Is there any way to find out if I'm likely to have to have another C&P for this? I thought that since the VA inferred a claim with my PTSD decision, that they would use the evaluation that had just been done.

:unsure:

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

They generally do but with your C&P exam fairly recent, they could waive it, if there's enough info there to decide the claim. They generally like the exams to have been six months or less.

pr

I'm seeing that it's common, but I have to ask. I went through my PTSD in July and it felt like it about killed me. The thought of another one is terrifying.

I'm rated 70% for PTSD, and another 20% for foot issues. My decision records that I just got say that all my conditions are static.

In the records of my C&P from July, the examiner wrote that my condition makes it very unlikely that I would be able to obtain employment.

I believe that my VA therapist has said the same thing in my progress notes (reading my MH notes is distressing so I avoid it).

Is there any way to find out if I'm likely to have to have another C&P for this? I thought that since the VA inferred a claim with my PTSD decision, that they would use the evaluation that had just been done.

:unsure:

I had a C&P in April I believe of this year, and I just put in for TDIU about 2 months ago. I still had to go back again for another C&P appointment. I had to do two seperate ones actually, one for my Neck and Back, and another for PTSD. However, I do believe the last C&P I had for PTSD was more helpful than the one I already had on file, as it stated "Is there total occupational and social impairment due to PTSD signs and symptoms? YES". I believe this is a big change in my claim, as I was 70% for PTSD, as it might even give me 100% Schedular for the claim. (fingers crossed) It's no fun going to PTSD C&P's, I have anxiety attacks about it sometimes. However sometimes it is for the best. I've been to 3 C&P's for PTSD so far, the one for my original 50% PTSD, then the appeal to 70%, and now the one for my TDIU claim. It's a long and straining process, but if you stick with it, and keep moving forward, usually it's for the best from what I hear. Don't let them make you feel like giving up, as that seems to be what they want you to do in some cases.

• HadIt.com Elder

I did not get a C&P exam for TDIU. There is always an exception to every case with the VA. That is one thing that is wrong with the VA. I had a C&P exam in 2001. I did not get IU until 2002. My claim was on appeal the whole time and I had filled out the TDIU form in 2001.