VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Claim At Rating Board

Rate this question

ironsoldier77

Question

I have been calling the 800 number and my service rep and they both tell me that my claim for TDIU is at the Rating board. I have heard that if your claim is at the rating board thats usually good news?? Means they have something to rate? Does this mean that my TDIU has been awarded?

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have waited almost 2 months for a rating board to make a decision. They could decide they need more evidence, and send you back for another C&P. To answer your question, yes, it's a good thing it's there, hopefully everything is there that they need. No, it does not mean you will get an approved rating. They're just making the decision if you are disabled, and what rating to give you. (0-100%, or in your case, TDIU or no TDIU) Stay positive about it, but at the same time be prepared for surprises too. Good Luck!

Well, It looks like I will get a decision today! I called the 800 number and she said they have enough information to make a decision and its being reviewed right now. OMG i am soooooo nervous!!! Im expecting the worst! Whatever happens I would like to thank everyone that has helped me in this matter here from Hadit!

Ironsoldier, I don't want to spoil your joy, but it may still be a while yet. Unless the person told you that a decision was being made today (and I don't think they would have that information), it can still be weeks before they actually complete the process.

I'm sorry, but I don't want you to be hanging in a state of suspense for days and days... it's exhausting. I've been through this with decision in the past, and am waiting on a TDIU decision right now. I applied the last week of August 2010, and the 1-800 lady told me the same thing you heard... that everything is ready for a decision and I'll be receiving a letter in the mail.

I'm not going to be holding my breath, because it could be well into next month or even after New Year's. I'm also not counting on good news, but I'm hoping!!

That's how you have to handle waiting for the VA: hope for Sooner, but expect Later.