VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another New Website From The Va!

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

From another board this is way cool if it works!

http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/AO/fasttrack.htm

You are supposed to be able to check your claims for the 3 new presumptive but you can not sign up until Oct. 29th which is Friday I think so not that big of a wait.

Mods meant to put this in the Agent Orange forum and posted in general first. Please delete from there if you do not want it twice!

Edited by stillhere

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I could easily be wrong, but it's my understanding from what I've read elsewhere that this new VA claims processing system is only for those who are using it to file for the first time which, if true, wouldn't help me because my claim has been pending since August of 2009. I expect a decision, hopefully, by end of November since mine involves hairy cell leukemia as well as prostate cancer. I've been very patient, but in the meantime, I continue to send documents to the VA in support of my claim. I suspect they are getting tired of filing the documents I send them on a regular basis. I worked with electronic claims processing systems during the 35 years I worked for SSA so I know what can go wrong with a new system such as this VA system. I fully expect them to have problems with it as is always the case with a new electronic system. I'm not even sure which VA office has my file because Detroit VA Regional office transferred it to Togus VA in Maine October of last year to do the development. I hope it;'s not lost because by now, it must be 6 inches thick and weighs 10 pounds, but I have copies of everything I've mailed them. I'm trying hard to be patient.

The VA just posted a Press Release today titled "New Medical Forms Will Streamline Veterans Claims Process"

http://www1.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=1987

These will help because the ones making a determination on our claims are not doctors. Lets hope they can at least read and comprehend what our doctors put down??

I wonder if these will be used by VA doctors also??

Thanks for posting!