VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Interesting Claim Secondary To Ptsd On Appeal

Rate this question

NSA-Saigon-ET

Question

I have a claim issue that I previously filed on, but had no idea where or how it should have been filed.

First let me briefly summarize the history:

I have a history of a problem with my right testicle dating back to my service in the USN. I served from 1967-1974 a period of 7 years. My separation physical noted a medical problem with the testicle being enlarged and also a growth of similar nature on my neck. I had to sign a release in order to be separated on time, which I did sign.

I do not know when these tumors developed, but did serve a total of 18 months in-country throughout many sites in Vietnam and was exposed to Agent Orange.

Years later I finally had the neck tumor removed by a surgeon at Mt.Auburn hospital in Cambridge, MA. It was a large, but benign tumor.

A couple years ago the VAMC in Houston had the right testicle removed. Their fear was cancer and this is the normal procedure. Once out of the body the tumor was tested and found to be benign.

Now I am currently being treated for PTSD by the VAMC in Houston. I take Sertaline tablets @150 MG daily. A known side effect of this is a decrease in sexual function of a person with both testicles intact and a definite impotence for me with only one testicle left.

Although I am being treated for PTSD and may soon be awarded the PTSD disability from my VA appeals, it has not happened yet. So normally I would just file for loss of sexual organ secondary to PTSD by the medications I am taking and the loss of the second testicle.

I tried to file in a different manner and it didn't fly.

Please see the attached files labeled VA rating 1 and VA rating2. These are the rating denial reasons.

Does anyone see any clear course of action I can pursue on this issue? Does the fact that my military separation physical note these problems help me at all?

I have it on appeal along with my other issues, but don't know what exactly to present to the DRO

Thanks for reading.

post-9778-098796600 1288122539_thumb.jpg

post-9778-034051900 1288122541_thumb.jpg

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet