VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why Does Va Lump All Claims Together?

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Hey can anyone explain why the VA lumps all of the claims and waits for the claims to be in a holding pattern? I ask as i had put in on a financial hardship (wife had brain surgery and her income was cut in half) she came out okay thank God but we like a loft of others in the US are having a rough time. I had thought that even looking at the evidence for the financial hardship that the VA would pass the claim for when i had surgery for SC back in May hospital/recovery by statement from surgeon at least 1 year. It just took me about a month to catch my surgeon for a sit down to explain what the VA required. My whole back is eat up with arthritis and i claimed that prior to surgery just did not know how bad it was until they got in there during surgery.

Also if you talk to the any VA people on the 1-800 line check out what they say I was told that opening up a new claim for aid and attendance would not pull my claim out of the ratting board. That was wrong. The good part is once in a while you do get some honest reps one guy in Cleavland who took the extra time to look up all my different claims was awesome. The other drones that you talk to may give you bad advice. I am still figuring how i can pass an a good word onto the guy who worked my claim out of Cleavland. Just a few questions and my thoughts. Thanks have a good day..

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA's procedures and claims process is designed to meet the VA's goals, not those of the veteran. Taking a reasonable amount of time to process and decide a claim is not one of the goals.

(Regardless of VA public statements to the contrary.) Remember that the government and the VA benefit by the delay.

The government (Treasury) benefits by paying the claim later (in effect, a no interest loan to the government that may be for several months or even years).

The VA benefits by being the recipient of funds used to pay the additional administrative costs associated with an extremely inefficient claims processing system.

(Bureaucratic Empire building and so forth.)

Edited by Chuck75

The VA's procedures and claims process is designed to meet the VA's goals, not those of the veteran. Taking a reasonable amount of time to process and decide a claim is not one of the goals.

(Regardless of VA public statements to the contrary.) Remember that the government and the VA benefit by the delay.

The government (Treasury) benefits by paying the claim later (in effect, a no interest loan to the government that may be for several months or even years).

The VA benefits by being the recipient of funds used to pay the additional administrative costs associated with an extremely inefficient claims processing system.

(Bureaucratic Empire building and so forth.)

Thanks I knew it was a shell game of sorts but I have the claim on TDIU on appeal if my Surgeon who handled the operation as well as the Aid and Attendance do you think the VA will have to pay me the 100% rate from date of claim? I am 80% but I have no idea what kind of rates I will get for my back Nerve damage arthritis of spine, tempoary 100% was what I was hoping to get us caught up with the house payment and some other bills but I was being crazy to think the VA would do something sensible. Thanks I was told even though the VA got everything they needed from the SS and My employer. Anyway thanks but i should know the VA is set up like a hustle just too bad for those of us Vets who die waiting on their bebfits. I am no where near death just mule headed and stubborn to roll over for them and quit. Adios have a good day...

Hey can anyone explain why the VA lumps all of the claims and waits for the claims to be in a holding pattern? I ask as i had put in on a financial hardship (wife had brain surgery and her income was cut in half) she came out okay thank God but we like a loft of others in the US are having a rough time. I had thought that even looking at the evidence for the financial hardship that the VA would pass the claim for when i had surgery for SC back in May hospital/recovery by statement from surgeon at least 1 year. It just took me about a month to catch my surgeon for a sit down to explain what the VA required. My whole back is eat up with arthritis and i claimed that prior to surgery just did not know how bad it was until they got in there during surgery.

Also if you talk to the any VA people on the 1-800 line check out what they say I was told that opening up a new claim for aid and attendance would not pull my claim out of the ratting board. That was wrong. The good part is once in a while you do get some honest reps one guy in Cleavland who took the extra time to look up all my different claims was awesome. The other drones that you talk to may give you bad advice. I am still figuring how i can pass an a good word onto the guy who worked my claim out of Cleavland. Just a few questions and my thoughts. Thanks have a good day..

• HadIt.com Elder

Once you've sold everything you own to pay the bills, the VA may decide your claim a year or so after that.

Don't depend on them to come through for anything. May as well write a letter to Santa Claus and expect him to solve your problems.

For TDIU, you should recieve retro back to the day you filed for it. If they don't drag their feet by completely ignoring your favorable medical evidence or just denying it in order to delay paying it, it can take a year or two before you actually see the money in your account.

It's also possible to have an answer in 90 to 120 days.

You just never know with the VA.

I want to introduce myself today and say that this site has proven beneficial and therefore I am confortable with sharing my experiance(s) and give a shout out to Berta for being the legal eagle. Thanks Berta and I have never asked a question, however your post are awesome. I was accosted by my DI's in basic training and it has taken many years to come forward with this information and I feel a sense of releif applying for compensation for the stressors this caused in my life. I submitted a claim for PTSD, MST, Ear Tingling, Eye problems, Foot Problems, Asbestos and Diabetes as well Hiv. Qustion will these issues get a priority and be rated by the Oklahoma VA quickly or will they drag their feet? Thank You for any advice.

Once you've sold everything you own to pay the bills, the VA may decide your claim a year or so after that.

Don't depend on them to come through for anything. May as well write a letter to Santa Claus and expect him to solve your problems.

For TDIU, you should recieve retro back to the day you filed for it. If they don't drag their feet by completely ignoring your favorable medical evidence or just denying it in order to delay paying it, it can take a year or two before you actually see the money in your account.

It's also possible to have an answer in 90 to 120 days.

You just never know with the VA.

Hey Man it is funny you should mention selling evrything as I had a $20 gold coin i had held onto that bad boy for 4 years had to make a house payment as the VA does indeed take its time. I do

look at my claim as a retro savings plan no intrest just cheaper to buy than a lotto ticket. I used to buy a $2 ticket to draw 3-4 weeks in advance just so I could rub that ticket. see the VA has saved me so much money in Lottery tickets . Thanks so far my claim has been going on for close to 2 years for TDIU. I appealed it kept it going until I had back fusion and now the surgeon stood up for me and told the skinny on my back but you are right the VA will probally ignore my evidence. Adiios and have a good day..