VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fiduciary Information

Rate this question

kara

Question

Hi, Yesterday I was appointed as fiduciary for my grandfather who has slight dementia. Although things were working fine the way the have always been the va decided that this needs to be more legal than a poa. So, they appointed me fiduciary. My only issue with this is that they say I am not allowed to make cash withdrawls at all. How do I give him his spending money now? I normally make sure that he has about 40 dollars or so in his wallet at all times for spending money. All of the rest of the bills I always pay. I do his shopping, and ect..

Also, since I do accounting work, he asks me to be a fiduciary for other veterans who don't have family. While, I believe this was nice of him to offer, I feel nervous about this, for one, why can't I give out cash. If you have a fiduciary, or know of anyone with one, how do they recieve their spending money? I would hate to make someone suffer without funds. I mean, everyone needs cash sometimes, and I would hate for them to go without. I have read that their are unscrupulous people who steal from their vets, but, really, If I did this, it would be to help. I wouldn't every mess with someone else's money. How does it work? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks:blush:

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Hi, Yesterday I was appointed as fiduciary for my grandfather who has slight dementia. Although things were working fine the way the have always been the va decided that this needs to be more legal than a poa. So, they appointed me fiduciary. My only issue with this is that they say I am not allowed to make cash withdrawls at all. How do I give him his spending money now? I normally make sure that he has about 40 dollars or so in his wallet at all times for spending money. All of the rest of the bills I always pay. I do his shopping, and ect..

Also, since I do accounting work, he asks me to be a fiduciary for other veterans who don't have family. While, I believe this was nice of him to offer, I feel nervous about this, for one, why can't I give out cash. If you have a fiduciary, or know of anyone with one, how do they recieve their spending money? I would hate to make someone suffer without funds. I mean, everyone needs cash sometimes, and I would hate for them to go without. I have read that their are unscrupulous people who steal from their vets, but, really, If I did this, it would be to help. I wouldn't every mess with someone else's money. How does it work? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks:blush:

The v.a. should have people to due this you may want to check.Mortarman

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use