VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Smc S Paid!

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I just got a check for $8200 bucks from the VA for "S". That is all it could be since I knew they had finalized the decision. This would be two years of retro for "S". That is the fastest payoff in history since I only sent in the claim about 5 weeks ago. I checked my bank account. I have not gotten the letter yet, but I think I will get it today. Hot Damn!

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Wonder if I should use Bradly v Peake for my S that was not paid back to when I qualified for it. That wouyld be 1993

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Congra's John!!! Give them an offer they can't refuse ;-)

Somebody help me --and post a link to the Bradley v. Peake decision???

~Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Congra's John!!! Give them an offer they can't refuse ;-)

Somebody help me --and post a link to the Bradley v. Peake decision???

~Wings

Wings: from the CAVC: http://www.uscourts.cavc.gov/documents/Bradley_v._FINALWITHNITS.v.3.12.03.08.pdf

This is great John and yet I wonder, as Philip does, is the retro under Bradley going back only to the Bradley decision date or back to the date the medical evidence showed entitlement?(which would make more sense than just using the date of the Bradley decision)

I think you are the first hadit award under Bradley as to making a retro request but I could be wrong there-

Boy this is exciting!!!!!!

A sad note- as you all know, due to health reasons Larry Scott will no longer be publishing VA Watchdog.

It was Larry's information on Bradley V Peake that caused many vets to consider they were snookered out of SMC.

Hopefully the major vet orgs will publish current important CAVC decisions now.They usually do in their newsletter and magazines but what a loss knowing we cannot get immediate info on them from VA Watchdog anymore.

Or any of the nitty gritty going on inside the VA.