VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Planter Fascitis

Rate this question

matt

Question

So I am service connected for Aquired Planter Fascitis as well as Flat Feet for both feet. 10% for the right, 10% for the left and 10% for the bilateral factor. appx 5 weeks ago, I ruptured the planter fascia on the right side and have had a cast on my leg. does anybody know if you can be awarded more that 10% for each foot for planter fascitis? feels like the left is getting ready to rupture as well....pretty stinkin debilitating for sure.... thanks matt

BTW the reason i ask is the fact that last year when i was awarded the 30% for planter fasiciaits is on the paperwork i got back for the award told me that this is the maximum i could be awarded, but that has to be hog wash, since if you are having trouble simply walking, it kinda is more than 30%, regardless if you have your mind. if you can't walk, then you are pretty house bound....

post-4590-062453600 1288579679_thumb.jpg

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

PF is one of the most underestimated problems. The radical treatments that involve cutting the PF are the things that probably result in higher ratings. I think you would have to have such a serious foot deformity to get more than 30% for PF that you don't even want to think about it. I had a treatment for my PF and got an infection and almost lost my foot. Actually, the rupture of your PF is the goal of the surgery the podiatrists do which is to cut the PF. I guess if you are in a wheelchair you get 30% plus.

• HadIt.com Elder

Some disabilities have a maximum and I guess 30% is the max for APF. That being said you can request an extra-schedular rating, and TDIU, if it keeps you from working. I helped a vet who had a skin disorder, that had a max of 50%, but couldn't work because of the drainage and odor. We ended up getting him TDIU and a few yrs retro.

pr

So I am service connected for Aquired Planter Fascitis as well as Flat Feet for both feet. 10% for the right, 10% for the left and 10% for the bilateral factor. appx 5 weeks ago, I ruptured the planter fascia on the right side and have had a cast on my leg. does anybody know if you can be awarded more that 10% for each foot for planter fascitis? feels like the left is getting ready to rupture as well....pretty stinkin debilitating for sure.... thanks matt

BTW the reason i ask is the fact that last year when i was awarded the 30% for planter fasiciaits is on the paperwork i got back for the award told me that this is the maximum i could be awarded, but that has to be hog wash, since if you are having trouble simply walking, it kinda is more than 30%, regardless if you have your mind. if you can't walk, then you are pretty house bound....

• HadIt.com Elder

Phil

You know the VBM mentions what you are talking about regarding odor from a skin disease as being an inferred claim for IU since a social worker noted it in some vets record. The Social Worker noted the vet had a bad odor and that was a bar to employment.

PR and John,

thanks yeah I wish that PF was actually better understood, it is quite debilitating. I am not near the wheelchair bound level, but pretty limited. I am aware that I have pretty much completed my own surgery by rupturing the PF, however, there are some long standing effects from rupturing it. especiallyt he planter strand that i ruptured which is the one directly under the arch. so there are some problems that I am sure to expereince....but we shall see unfortunately, i am going to have to figure a new way to burn calories....

• HadIt.com Elder

Matt

Once you get out of the cast swimming would be the best thing. If you have chronic PF and can lose weight it also usually helps. You can't walk and it is hard to lose weight. I am in the same boat. You know I just thought everyone's feet hurt all the time. It was not until it got so bad I could not do my job that I went to a podiatrist. The orthotics worked for a while. Probably the worst thing you can do is to let a podiatrist cut on your feet. I almost lost my foot that way via a severe staff infection. The feet are a highway for staff infections.