VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam

Rate this question

dittybopper

Question

Hello All,

Just got a copy of my C&P exam. By her report it states that veterans condition is as least liekely as not 50/50 due to his pre-existing condition. Also she plainly states (word for word) that she feels that my disability rating is 30% due to this one condition. If I have done my fuzzy math correctly, 40% + 30% = 60% percent. However since this report was somewhat favorable (she at least states it is adjustment disorder) what are the odds of the rating officer throwing away my C&P report and going with his own direction. Also I have a civilian Pschycologist who is vehement that this disorder is PTSD and NOT Adjustment disorder. Should I send his responce to the C&P report to the Regional Office and will it do any good?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

I believe your math on the ratings combined is correct as far as I can tell, although I am not sure what the VA will do about the report. I've never heard of a C&P doc saying it was a certain percentage, but there's a first time for everything I guess. Keep us posted on what you find out, as this could get interesting...

Hello All,

Just got a copy of my C&P exam. By her report it states that veterans condition is as least liekely as not 50/50 due to his pre-existing condition. Also she plainly states (word for word) that she feels that my disability rating is 30% due to this one condition. If I have done my fuzzy math correctly, 40% + 30% = 60% percent. However since this report was somewhat favorable (she at least states it is adjustment disorder) what are the odds of the rating officer throwing away my C&P report and going with his own direction. Also I have a civilian Pschycologist who is vehement that this disorder is PTSD and NOT Adjustment disorder. Should I send his responce to the C&P report to the Regional Office and will it do any good?

Hey

Thanks for the respond. I should clarify. The is available a word for word diagnosis on MH issues. She wrote this description word for word. And the Manual states that this is a exact criteria for 30%. Sorry for the misunderstanding. However if you google MH and VA together the VA has a definate word description for every diasability level. Mine reads word for word the 30% description. It is going to be attached to my origional disabilities (knees) because my knees put me out of work and due to economic hardship as well as stress due to not working and being unable to contribute to my household. This I think is a positive for some people out there. If your disability puts you out of work and you are not rated high enough to be placed in a TDIU status, You can file on the basis of stress etc... that the hardship places upon you.

Is there any way you can post the C & P exam? Make sure you cover all personal information; name, SSN, address.

My computer skills are not that great but if you wish I can mail a copy to u. I have a scanner but really don't know how to place the documents on this site.

Anytime you have valid Dr reports, Dr evaluations that may pertain to the disabilities you are claiming present them asap. Send them certified/registered, so the VARO has to sign for them. ALWAYS keep copies for your records.

It is not the C & P doctors' responsibility to say that you are 30%, 40% or any percent. It is the C & P doctors' responsibility to examine you and write the findings in your records and give their opinion, if it is related or aggravated by your service connected disability or your military service. You can go to Kinko's or FED EX and they can help you or some print office to post your exam. There are quite a few people here on hadit that can read and understand C & P exam.