VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Eagle Has Landed

Rate this question

60-man

Question

I have been reading this forum for about a year. I am a boots on the ground grunt in Vietnam. I filed a claim for IHD in Febuary 2010 going back to June 2008 on a denied claim. I recieved the big envelope today. 100% temporary till April 2010 and 60% with IU from then thru present. Everything went smoothly, I filed with the local county veterans service officer, All treatment has been with the VAMC in Palo Alto. They are paying 100% retro back to June 2008. My EF is 35-40% and MET's are 4.8

This should be in success stories, but I know that the AO vets are anxious to hear about awards. WAHOOOO!!!!!! This is already

relieving a LOT of stress.......I'll change my personal info as soon as I get my feet feet back on the ground. WAHOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Pat

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I am truly happy to hear that someone has received a decision on a claim involving one of the three new presumptive diseases. My claim, involving both prostate cancer and hairy cell leukemia, was filed 8/10/09, but the VA office having jurisdiction for my claim asked a VA office in another state to assist in developing the evidence. I have been sending evidence to the other state's VA office ever since, but it now appears that the VA office in my own state totally forgot that they had farmed out the development to another state and when i called the VA 800 number this week, the rep could not even tell me which office had my claim file which by now must be 6 inches thick and weigh 10 pounds. I had not filed a prior claim so the claim pending since 8/10/09 is my only claim. I had been very patient up until now, but I did send a letter yesterday to one of my Senators who has an office in the same Federal Building with the VA office that has jurisdiction of my claim, but which office farmed out the development to another state and then apparently overlooked the fact that they had done so. I received two letters on the same day this past July from my state's VA Regional office, both written a day apart, and both listing different dates of filing, both dates much later than the actual 8/10/09 filing date and both letters reading as though development was just beginning for the very first time. My call to the 800 number did not shed any light on what was happening with my claim. Hopefully, my Senator's staff can find out what's happening. I made the mistake of not filing when I was first diagnosed and treated for prostate cancer in 2005, but diagnosed not much later with hairy cell leukemia. Even though I did have residual impairments from the prostate cancer radiation, I did not file a claim until I heard last year that the VA was proposing to add hairy cell leukemia to the Agent Orange list. Since I still have active hairy cell leukemia, I knew it was time to file a claim. Now if I could just get a decision, for better or worse. I hope others who get a decision will post to that effect on the forums. I have to believe that being diagnosed with both prostate cancer and hairy cell leukemia has something to do with my exposure to Agent Orange, not only in Vietnam, but possibly also when I was TDY to Thailand and PCS at Okinawa and TDY to the Canal Zone where many believe Agent Orange was sprayed in the early 60s during my time there.

Yippee!!!!!!!

Others might have a longer wait-

see the new AO update here

I have been reading this forum for about a year. I am a boots on the ground grunt in Vietnam. I filed a claim for IHD in Febuary 2010 going back to June 2008 on a denied claim. I recieved the big envelope today. 100% temporary till April 2010 and 60% with IU from then thru present. Everything went smoothly, I filed with the local county veterans service officer, All treatment has been with the VAMC in Palo Alto. They are paying 100% retro back to June 2008. My EF is 35-40% and MET's are 4.8

This should be in success stories, but I know that the AO vets are anxious to hear about awards. WAHOOOO!!!!!! This is already

relieving a LOT of stress.......I'll change my personal info as soon as I get my feet feet back on the ground. WAHOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Pat

Thanks for the info Pat.. I filed mine in Jan 2010 with the VARO in Reno,Nv. Hopefully they will be as efficient as Palo Alto's VARO

Thanks for the info Pat.. I filed mine in Jan 2010 with the VARO in Reno,Nv. Hopefully they will be as efficient as Palo Alto's VARO

Thomas

The claim was originally filed with the Oakland VARO and was transferred to the San Diego VARO. Palo Alto is the VAMC.

To keep the good news flowing, I received my entitlement letter yesterday 11/6/2010. Rated at 100%, permanent. My EF is 10 and METS at 5-6 and I am on the list for a heart transplant with a three lead AID implant. If you haven't received a letter yet, they're coming

The rating is great! With P & T the spouse should be eligible for CHAMPVA and Chapter 35 benefits.

It really isn't great however to know how much devastation AO did to you all.It was truly a weapon of mass destruction.