VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Exams Scheduled

Rate this question

Guest Schreldia

Question

Guest Schreldia

I have had a pending IU claim since June 2010. My DAV rep always looks bored & 'dunno'. So the same day I called the 800 number and was told I am scheduled psych and physical exams on Nov 18 and Nov 29; 90 miles away in Fayetteville. No letter with this advice as yet. Glad I never have other plans. Now why didnt my DAV guy know?

My psych test will probably actually help me out to prove I can't work due to my SC. I hope they don't take 8 years again to make a decision because I might not make it that long. I have cirrhosis of the liver and take good care of myself, but you never know. Yall keep telling your good success stories & progress. Hadit keeps me going.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I do not believe that VSOs have anything to do with veterans having C & P exams. I know they can check with VA to see what is the latest status and VA can tell them that the veteran will be scheduled for a C & P exam but the exams are done by the VARO for QTC C & P exams and by the VAMC for the VA Hospital C & P exams.

Guest Schreldia

Ya your right Pete992. I was just thinking he shoulda checked it out while I was standing there an hour before. As it was, he just said said he hadnt got a letter or anything & I would get one when anything needed to be advised same as him. Someone else said we are our own best advocate, So I need to just keep on top of this myself & just continue to submit information, claims, appeals, etc, through him.

Will be interesting to see when I actually get the appointment letter for my C&P exams.