VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mrsa

Rate this topic

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

MRSA is a bad deal. It can be transferrred from patien to patient by uncleanliness. Rubber tubing and gloves can transfer it from patient to patient. Once you get it, you always have it.

It goes dormant.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes - - There may be a problem isolating what the actual source is.

Will the hospital tell you? (Doubtful, unless really pressed) Your "on staff" doctor should know if the hospital has a problem.

If you were in a hospital room that was not completely disinfected, that's a possible cause.

The ambulance may be harder to get information about.

Anyone know if it's possible to get MRSA from oxygen tubing on the

ambulance or at the hospital. I think this may have happened to me.

Is there a high possibility of this ?

• HadIt.com Elder

I am still recovering from a non-MRSA staff infection five months later. You get a bad staff infection and you have a big problem. My foot is still healing after the surgery. They thought my infection was MRSA because it looked so bad. One month on a pick line with daily infusions of antibiotics. Now I am having to go back to the doctor because the brace I am using is not helping that much and my heel feels funny and swells up every time I walk. If I knew these infections were so common I would not let any doctor operate on me unless I was dying. If you go to a hospital or doctor and come away with a staff infection is that malpractice? I would like to murder the doctor who gave me the infection and then denied it.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I think there is a good chance to catch a lot of things from the ambulance and the hospital visit. MRSA is very common and turn into a nightmare. I recently read that there is a 10% chance per day you spend at a hospital to contract clostridium difficile. If you were admitted, please note that the TV remote control is the most dirty item in the room.