VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Increase Request Claim

Rate this question

JamesPT

Question

Hello everyone; I've been gone and have not posted for suggestions\opinions lately due to hospitalization, another surgery, VA mental health therapy and so on. I hope to get some opinions suggestions regarding status of my claims; I realize there are answers through out the "hadit" website which has been a tremendous help in navigating the claims process and I am still learning to be patient and keeping my cool with the VA's Merry go 'round process. Anyway, as I have mentioned previously, the VA's Mental Health Doctors will not write support statements regarding PTSD condition; I requested support statements but in so many words I was told rather rudely that they don't have time to write support statements; my blood boiled with frustration\anger but I kept my cool and composure. I have a 30% rating for PTSD and additional 10% for physical injuries. I currently have a claim for secondary issues to primary injury in process. I had the VBA hearing in October of this year, file was sent to D.C. - claim was remanded and file was returned to RO in my state for a decision, they scheduled a second C&P physical exam. With this particular claim I am at the point where they tell me they'll keep in touch and expect letters every 3 months while they review the claim.

Now back to PTSD claim. Since support statements from VA mental Health shrinks were denied I went to a private Psychiatrist; have been seeing him for the past 4 months, yesterday he gave me his support statement which I need in order to request an increase for PTSD condition, as I mentioned I am currently 30% - Now this might sound like a stupid question to some of you who have gone through the process; question is: Will submitting support statement from private sector Psychiatrist immediately, conflict with the Physical injury claim which is currently being evaluated by the RO? Will having one claim in process and requesting the increase for PTSD put the brakes to the entire process and further lengthen the waiting period for their evaluation and decisions? Also is there a form needed when requesting an increase for PTSD issues. Anyway, Thanks in advance for opinions\suggestions and have a nice and humble Veterans Day.

Jim

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

"Will submitting support statement from private sector Psychiatrist immediately, conflict with the Physical injury claim which is currently being evaluated by the RO? Will having one claim in process and requesting the increase for PTSD put the brakes to the entire process and further lengthen the waiting period for their evaluation and decisions? Also is there a form needed when requesting an increase for PTSD issues. Anyway, Thanks in advance for opinions\suggestions and have a nice and humble Veterans Day."

There is no Special form except for the 21-4138 that you can use as a cover letter to refer them to a copy of the enclosed new

evidence.

Based on what you posted these are definitely separate issues and yet with new probative evidence ,maybe they could decide the PTSD claim first.Or the decision could cover both claims.

Was the C & P ordered on remand supportive of the other claim?