VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

45 Years Later

Rate this question

macvrlamm

Question

Well I have been trying to get some relief from the VA since 1970 after getting out of the army I went to the VA hospital in LA (Sawettle) for severe headaches and was given a blue and white ID card at the time ( was never told that this was not a VA medical care card ) never saw a doctor only a nurse and was given slepping pills and darvon for pain I recieved care in this fashion for a couple years before I was informed that the program I was in had been cancaled and would recieve info for a new program with in a month this never happened and when I questioned the VA was given the run around. In 1984 I again went to the VA in Reno for headaches and agian was given a blue/white ID card and drugs for the problem while there got a exam related to Agent Orange and was placed in the registry again nothing came of the headaches applied for care in 1998 and was given a Purple/White ID card group 7 and was given care for a severe ear ache at the time asked about the headaches and was given no info fially I was told by a nurse at the facility I use to see the area VSO and I did so appling for service connection for several thing that happened durring my service TBI being one of them. I recived Service connection for hearing/tinnitus broken ankle stomch would and scars related to B40 meets bunker with me inside, close proxcimity to the ammo dump explosion at Long Bihn 4 Feb 67 six days in 93rd evac for amnisea and blast related head trauma, the TBI was denied as there was no record of being treated for the problem while in the military. well I fianally got my med records and big as life there was the treatment records for secondary items related to blast trauma and I have reopened the case and have had three C&P related to TBI the past two years with the final one being Oct 2010 So I will see how this works out but it has been an uphill batle for years

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Welcome to Hadit.com.

Check out 38 CFR 3.156 ©

http://www.access.gp.../38cfr3_09.html

I am i that rat race now I have had a number of IMO's via the VA and they have stated the likly as not bit and got a denile for that one my VSO rep in Oakland spotted it and took the fileing back up stars and requested a closer look I have seem a neuropchy for a new C&P in Oct this year waiting for there reply thank you

"I have seem a neuropchy for a new C&P in Oct this year waiting for there reply thank you "

You can ask them by mail to send you a copy of the C & P exam to give you a leg up on their decision.

Carlie is right-that regulation might help you a lot.

It is so disheartening to see evidence of the piss poor work the VA can do regarding claims like yours.

This is why we MUST continue the fight until we succeed.

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA in the late 60's and 70's was a hell hole. You could not even get treatment unless you were a drunk or service connected for a certain issue. The decisions that came out of the VA in those days should make the government blush. I am sure if you persist with your claims you will win. You just have to out live them.

"I have seem a neuropchy for a new C&P in Oct this year waiting for there reply thank you "

You can ask them by mail to send you a copy of the C & P exam to give you a leg up on their decision.

Carlie is right-that regulation might help you a lot.

It is so disheartening to see evidence of the piss poor work the VA can do regarding claims like yours.

This is why we MUST continue the fight until we succeed.

thats what i have been at for years it took an intervention by my congressmen to get my first look at in over 45 years that really got the ball rolling and I thought that it was going places but the first C&P was be a physc and not neruo and went no were Second was by a neruo but his first comment prior to the exam was I will not give you drugs and went down hill from there my third interview/exam was at UC Davis and was quite complete and lasted over five hours I was drained by the end the forth exam was just recently in Martinez oct 2010 and has just been posted so I have asked for a copy to see wrer I am on this go round

The VA in the late 60's and 70's was a hell hole. You could not even get treatment unless you were a drunk or service connected for a certain issue. The decisions that came out of the VA in those days should make the government blush. I am sure if you persist with your claims you will win. You just have to out live them.

john999 i would agree with you on the take it or leave it attitude from the VA through the 60-70 era and as my wife tells me it is now my full time job to do battle with them so I thank you for your input and have to say welcome home