VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Extremely Dissapointed With The Va

Rate this question

socomsam

Question

As I said in my other post, I went to my VocRehab meeting on Sept 28th. I did qualify, took the test and that was the last I heard from them, even with repeated emails. My counselor just refuses to answer me. All I have asked her is for an idea of how long the process takes and what are my options regarding work (my job, which is a factory job, is way past unbearable because of my disability). That's it. I don't expect things to happen overnight, but to have some idea of the process would be helpful in planning for certain things.

I even contacted my State's Department of Veterans Affairs to see what I could do in the mean time and they never responded. I am 46 years old and I come from the generation that only knows the VA to be inefficient, unresponsive and uncaring and it seems like it really hasn't changed.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I too had a lousy time dealing with a counselor and ended up getting another lousy one and blowing my stack at her and into MH.

Since then I have been awarded 100PnT and Smc-s, sent her an email a couple of times asking about the ILP and has never answered me back.

I feel it is luck of the draw if we vets get any help at all from this program!

• HadIt.com Elder

If a vet is HB (S) what kind of help can they get from the VA? Travel to the VAMC is hard on me. Before I was HB I was refused fee base for certain kinds of therapy and other help. Should I see a social worker?