VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Imo Question

Rate this question

bulldogpete

Question

I recently submitted my claim for the first time and I already have two letters from my doctors linking my current injuries to my accident in the military. I tend to worry about things, and I am already forming a game plan just in case they deny my claim the first time.

I am looking to get more letters completed by doctors. My current letters are written by doctors that currently treat me, I was wondering how you go about finding other doctors to review your medical file and write a letter.

Would I just research doctors in my areas that specialize in my medical conditions and then call up their office and ask if they can review my file/write a leter, or do only certain doctors give IMO's.

Any help is appreciated. I am wanting to stay on the defensive and I all the waiting around makes me feel like I am not doing anything to help my claim.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

When I do decide to get another IMO, what is the best way to go about it. Do I just call them and ask if they will review my records and write an IMO?

You might try contacting Dr. John W. Ellis at the Ellis Clinic in Oklahoma City.

www.ellisclinic.com

He has experience writing IMO's for the VA, and can evaluate your evidence without personally examining you, but it's always better to be personally examined as well, if you can go there.

His credentialing information is there, as well, so you can judge for yourself. He specializes in workers comp cases and occupational medicine. He also teaches.

Just an FYI.

• HadIt.com Elder

That Ellis Clinic is superb in doing federal workers compensation cases. Their is something called a Schedule Award for federal civil service on the job injuries and they get the most money for their clients.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use