VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help

Rate this question

doogie

Question

OK!

Diagnosed FEB 1966 with pulmonary artery insufiency secondary to the bicuspid aortic {probably congenital} exact words

Just got my doppler echo report ,it states the heart including all three leaflet valves are normal and the heart structure is normal.

Making that a misdiagnosis and improper and maybe damaging treatment back in 1966

I have had off and on claims for this condition since 1984 finally i just dropped them in 2007 due to health and hospital

On JULY 13 2010 i applied again ,asking them if the VA did not have clear and unmistakable evidence when i entered military service ,i would respectfully request the VA re open my claim for reconsideration

I know they are going t deny me again

Does anyone know if i have a snowball chance of filing a cue claim on this ?

the NAVAL hospital definitly misdiagnosed me in 1966 and now i'm almost a statistic, what do yall think

GO VETS

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

If and I say if the veteran did any other test that showed that he had a condition and VA went with the negative test and not the test that shows that he had a ratable condition then he could have a legitimate claim but VA will fight to the last end and may even force the claim to go to BVA or higher. Keep in mind that when considering if you have a Cue or not, You must have applied for your condition and gave VA evidence of your condition prior to their original rating decision. If evidence is found later that supports your original claim then you can ask for an EED. VA will not want to pay this claim at all.

Hope the best

Only two exceptions exist for re-opening the same claim.

One is new evidence discovered that they didn't know existed at that time and two is

Clear and unmistakable error.

I have to disagree with the above.

In order to re-open a finally denied claim issue you must submit

new and material evidence to the VBA.

Newly discovered information and evidence that should have been included

in the prior adjudication, but for some reason such as it was lost or misplaced

falls under 38 CFR 3.156 and would also help support a claim for an earlier effective date.

Filing a claim for CUE is actually a new claim - and not necessarily the re-opening of a claim issue.

JMHO

No i don't think the VA should retro me back to 1966 but i am lost as to what to do at this point

Wondering if since the bicuspid phantom has been proven wrong,i developed a noticable murmer at that same time which means the even did not know what had happened .

The new murmor which was not present at time of enlistment and happened in an incident for which i was hospitalized in 1966 hopefully opens a door for maybe another claim of some sort,i do not know?

according to my cardioligst i don't have much time left to persue this option.

I only want what is best for my wife of 44 years.

thank you all for your advice

I do not have a copy of my last defiberallator/pacemaker report yet ,but here is my doppler echo

OCT 19 2019 HEART ECHO REPORT PROVING HEART HAS ALL VALVES with whiteout.pdf

• HadIt.com Elder

Now Doogie you are relying on an Echo. AN Echo is a good test. Your body structure or build can make an echo go nuts. If you are thick chested then the readings are only a guess as in most cases.

Not withstanding this issue, they think you have Mild Aortic Stenosis, But there is no evidence that you dont have Bicuspid valve issue or a calcified valve.

You need a Cardiac Cath to be certain, The Echo wont carry too much weight but a Cath will.

That is the good and the ban news but it is true. A cardiac cath is the Mac Daddy of heart tests.

If you have a good Cardiologist then they should insist on a cath. I cant understand why they didnt inthe first place.

If you have Aortic Stemosis,they usually take the Mammary Artery and replace the Aorta as well as replace the Valve with either an artificial or Pig Valve.

J

ALSO I HAD A MAJOR INFRACTION INCIDENT 1997 WITLEFT ONLY 25 PERCENT OF MY HEART LEFT UNDAMAGED ,WAS HIT WITH PADDLES 5 TIMES THE SAME INCIDENT LASTING 9 HRS,DRS CALLED IT THE WIDOWMAKER,LUCY ME HUH.

THANKS, I PROBALLY NEED TO TALK TO A VET LAWYER TO SEE WHAT IS WHAT

THANK YOU VETS