VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Important To Tdiu Is Past Employers Reply

Rate this question

ferris7060

Question

Hi, I am waiting on a claim for TDIU. I am SC, 40% Raynaud's Phenomenon, DDD C5&6, migrain headaches caused by DDD, Bipolar disorder with depression and anxiety assoc. w/ Raynaud's Phenomenon. It is my DDD and headaches that have seen significant changes. I have had a recent C&P where the doc wrote that my DDD would interfer with any physical jobs, or jobs where I needed to ben my neck. He also noted that my headaches would prevent any useful employment. What I am wondering about is the importance of the past employer forms. I have not worked since 2007, and my last 3 jobs were for small local businesses. One has changed ownership since my employment and nobody there would know who I am, the second position closed in my area but still has one location (that boss does not like me do to an argument we had while I was employed and I'm wondering how far he would go to put the screws to me), the last is still going strong, and I believe owner will fill out forms honestly and promptly. How important are these responses? Will it drag out my claim if they don't respond? I did have absences from each job due to migraines, and also had anger outbursts. How long will they wait before continuing without these forms returned?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Put in writing an explanation as to why info they requested will probably not happen and request that they decide the rating using this and other info provided.

Good Luck

On my IU claim I only had one employer. I called the 800# and told them he would not respond. They entered that in my file and went from there. So in my case the statement from a former employer meant nothing.

In my IU claim they waited for a responce after sending out the request twice. It took an extra 6 weeks; but after I talked to them via the 800 number, The proceeded without one of my two employers. The only emplyer that did respond would only say that I worked there from stated times, and would not comment on any issues that I had such as being late, or not showing up due to depression and chronic pain. So I don't think it played that big a role in the decision. I did have an unfeasibility letter from voc rehab though that went I long way I believe. Good luck.

/doc

the VAF 21-4192 does help your claim, but it won't prevent us from rating it if there's enough evidence of record to show you are unemployable. A claim won't be delyaed just for that, and if they entered a note stating that you don't expect them to reply or of the employment was more than 10 yrs ago, it won't count against claim if there;s no reply. What matters is how much medical evidence you have to show that you are not able to work due to your service connected disabilities.