VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Heart Disease And Ptsd ** TRIGGERS **

Rate this question

RonP

Question

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

"Hand to Hand combat when you are 18 is a grizzly power trip of the worst kind."

That is a profound truth-

My husband's joined at 17, went to Nam, came back ,and the family said he changed.What the heck did they expect?

At the vet center I worked at the PTSD vets had a Mantra- "before,during, and after" and each step there from 'before' was radical and in many cases completely misunderstood by their significant others.The after, of course, was the devastation of PTSD tp almost every segment of their lives.

I feel vets have to stay as well as they can and prepare to live as long as they can and you have beat the odds in my opinion-and can continue to do that.

I am lasting as long as I can on Earth just to spite those bas----s who don't handle our claims properly.

"My Cardiologist wrote the letter in 2003 when I had my va exam for agent orange.The VA would only accept a claim for ptsd "

Do you have in any prior decision from the VA based on the 2003 claim---or any claim-----

a listing on the rating sheet of Ischemic heart disease as NSC.

If so I fully believe (and posted something about this yesterday in the AO forum) that the date of the past claim that holds tha NSC rating for IHD is your earliest effective date for any Nehmer Retro.

This is the post I referred to-

If you dont have the older decision, and if you had a rep at that time, they might still have yur rep file and the rating sheet should be in it along with the older decision.

If they did code the IHD as NSC in a past decision- NVLSP (National Veterans Legal Services Program) would like to hear from you and all vets or widows who potentially could fall under Nehmer.

NVLSP is the pro bono law firm who won the Beverly Nehmer COurt Order decision.

I will post the NVSLP info in another topic to keep it current here-as the AO foprum here is gathering momento

Yes, they finally awarded NSC -0- compensation in 1995

My rep has not spoken or written to me in over ten months

to be honest he has 2500 clients, I have seen his office 7 years ago.

He works with the county of.........Department of aging in California

If I had 2500 screaming marines at my door , I'd dig a hole, very deep

and pray for rain.

Again, thank you for your support. I contacted them just as an intro from Had it .com on Friday, I'll see if I hear from them NVLSP

next week. It is Saturday late night here in the Philippines 22:55.

The real problem with airing all your thoughts is that you feel like you are coming

out of some cave. And all the people that see you, take there best shot at you from 50 yards.

For a Marine this is very close range can't miss. We are trained for 500 to 1000 yards. But I as a Machine Gunner

have a totally different skill set, such as shooting over a hill. The constant droan of your 360 is deafening. Tinnitus is a given.

The real anguish comes from the fight with the VA....Especially without a competent rep or one that even has any time.

Thank You Berta, You offer encouragement and wisdom to us youngsters....I at 61 hope there is some time left

to at least have a VA Viking Funeral, although, I wrote the Embassy a year ago about an available spot, and to date

still no reply. LOL I guess I was being too Presumptive !

RonP

This is the post I referred to-

If you dont have the older decision, and if you had a rep at that time, they might still have yur rep file and the rating sheet should be in it along with the older decision.

If they did code the IHD as NSC in a past decision- NVLSP (National Veterans Legal Services Program) would like to hear from you and all vets or widows who potentially could fall under Nehmer.

NVLSP is the pro bono law firm who won the Beverly Nehmer COurt Order decision.

I will post the NVSLP info in another topic to keep it current here-as the AO foprum here is gathering momento

Berta, I have tried to respond to your question but the management denied me access to send a private message as I did not want to share it with the entire board. It was very personal

Ron

• Founder

The management did not deny you. Berta has chosen not to accept PM's, please respect her decision.

Berta, I have tried to respond to your question but the management denied me access to send a private message as I did not want to share it with the entire board. It was very personal

Ron