VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nehmer Ao Vets And Widows

Rate this question

Berta

Question

If you were denied in the past for any new AO presumptive and have re opened your claim under the new regs -NVLSP would like to hear from you-

I posted this info before but I anticipate the IHD regs will continue to generate many questions in this forum so it pays to get this info current so no one misses it.

The info they need and their contact email addy is here:

http://www.nvlsp.org/Information/ArticleLibrary/AgentOrange/AO-RevisedAORelatedDiseases0610.htm

You will receive within a few days a confirmation similiar to what they sent me:

"Dear Ms. Simmons:

Thank you for your email. The National Veterans Legal Services Program will ensure that the VA reviews your case to determine your eligibility for retroactive Agent Orange-related benefits. The VA published its final regulation adding ischemic heart disease, Parkinson’s disease, and B cell leukemias to its list of Agent Orange-related diseases on August 31, 2010. Before benefits can be paid, there is a two month Congressional review period. After the review period, the VA will begin finalizing decisions in cases such as yours regarding entitlement to retroactive Agent Orange-related benefits. As this process may be lengthy, please keep us informed if your contact information changes. Additionally, please let us know when you receive a decision from the VA regarding your eligibility for such benefits.

Sincerely,

National Veterans Legal Services Program"

NVLSP, is the pro bono law firm who won the Nehmer decision.

They are going to match up the list of potential Nehmer vets that VA is preparing with emails they receive in an effort to make sure all Nehmer retro is properly awarded.

In the late 1990s NVLSP went right into the VAROs when they found out the VA was snookering AO vets from retro.

They got those vets Millions that VA withheld due to imp[roper VA retro decisions.

Hopefully that major fiasco will be averted this time.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Yes- they have the backs of all of us AO widows and AO vets Carlie.

I have had relationship with these wonderful lawyers since 1991 and have good contact with a Nehmer lawyer there if anything unusual crops up here as to the new AO presumptives.

The VA Training letter is extensive (132 pages) and I only hope the vet reps out there get up to speed on it as the VA is definitely giving these claims priority treatment.

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta,

I've sent my info to NVLSP & several days later got the Email from them. Thanks for posting this contact URL again. Passed this address to members of my Vet Group & hope they will contact NVLSP. I have a retro claim & it's moving super fast at this point. Just had a friend get 30% for IHD this week & think that's about what we expected him to get after looking over his numbers.

Thanks again,

Don

Don-that is great for your friend and hopefully your decision will come soon too!!!

I wonder if these vet orgs are doing any outreach on the new AOs and I even wonder if the local VAMC has any info posted anywhere on them.

I am still stunned that VA did the right thing regarding a CUE claim I had pending at the RO since 2004- they saw cardiovascular disease stated on the claim (which is also docunented as IHD n my husband's med recs) and sent it right down to Nehmer people in Phila.

The specific AO IHD claim I filed on Aug 4th 2010 ,however, has been lost or misplaced by the VA already per IRIS.

They have to deal with the CUE first and the results will be same for both claims.