VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can You Tell During A Dro Hearing If You Are Winning?

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

Can you tell during a DRO hearing if you are winning? Do they say anything that will tell if you are winning or losing? My hearing is coming up in a couple weeks..

Thanx..

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Can you tell during a DRO hearing if you are winning? Do they say anything that will tell if you are winning or losing? My hearing is coming up in a couple weeks..

Thanx..

Technically there is no way at least on the record. However, when I presented a friends case at a hearing once the tape stopped the DRO acknowledged that we had nothing to worry about after the evidence I presented. Interestingly the DAV rep asked if I was looking for a job, because I presented the evidence and case better than mostof his co-workers.

JMO,

Bergie

Just make sure that at your hearing you have EVERYTHING pertaining to your case. If I remember correctly aren't you in San Diego.

Technically there is no way at least on the record. However, when I presented a friends case at a hearing once the tape stopped the DRO acknowledged that we had nothing to worry about after the evidence I presented. Interestingly the DAV rep asked if I was looking for a job, because I presented the evidence and case better than mostof his co-workers.

JMO,

Bergie

Just make sure that at your hearing you have EVERYTHING pertaining to your case. If I remember correctly aren't you in San Diego.

Yes San Diego

• HadIt.com Elder

I think the DRO holds cards pretty close to their chests. They want the hearing to go fast and easy. If they tell the vet that they are going to get denied their may be trouble. If they tell the vet they win then they get heat from their bosses. I had a DRO Hearing on my CUE. It all sounded great, but was denied. It was the same with my BVA Hearing.

Maybe, but dont listen to the DRO's words, and instead listen to his body language. He is putting on his poker face, of course, at the hearing, but he probably will forget to put his "poker face" on his body language also. JMHO.

The best advice I can give regarding DRO Hearing's is:

Stick with the issues and the medical evidence that supports a grant

of the issues.

Address any and all factors the VBA used to deny the issues in prior decisions or SOC's.

If there is ANY conflicting medical evidence of record, such as 1 doctor says it's related

to active duty or secondary to a SC'd disability, and another doc states it is not -

at the Hearing, while you are being recorded - make mention of the conflicting medical evidence

and REQUEST the application of the Benefit of the Doubt.

It will be very important for you to stay focused on the issues.

Try to leave any anger and/or frustration at home.

The DRO will more likely than not keep any conclusions to themselves.