VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Hearing

Rate this question

lugnut

Question

Hello fellow vets. I am waiting on a notification letter for a hearing at the VARO for a NOD review concerning my claim for DDD and others. Can I have my Am Legion Rep go with me? Should he speak for me? So far, any "work" has had to be done by me. I see on here that some people have researched information re their claims and have put together a summary of the info. Ratings, codes, percentages, etc. Is that a good idea also/ Any opinions with be appreciated. Thanks

Lugnut

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

A Vet Rep will accompany you to the hearing. The problem is that it will more than likely be someone you don't know and has no more than a few minutes to review your claim.

Best thing for you is to prepare for the claim and bring lots of info. Also a good idea to bring someone you trust and knows you to help.

Thank you Pete53. That is about what I thought. I would have to take my lady friend with me, cause I can't remember anything anyone tells me, and I can't write fast and listen at the same time. I have trouble concentrating and cannot multi-task. Thanks again.

lugnut

• HadIt.com Elder

If your SO recomends an informal hearing, don't except it. Always request a formal hearing an get sworn in. Any evidence or testomony submitted during an informal hearing does not get entered into your record. It's a legal hearing so you must be sworn in for it to count for anything.

Start with the evidence for each claimed condition. If you feel you need a C&P examination or specific diagnostics, it would be a good time to bring it up for developement.

You need to have it clearly layed out so your rep and the DRO understands it.

A few weeks after the hearing, request a copy of the transcript to check for accuracy.

Hope this helps

Allan

Edited by allan

I am waiting on a notification letter for a hearing at the VARO for a NOD review concerning my claim for DDD and others. Can I have my Am Legion Rep go with me? Should he speak for me?

Lugnut

Lug,

allan gave you some good info.

Did you specifically request a DRO Hearing ?

If es, when did you request it ?

On the Rating Decision that you submitted a NOD on,

What were the issues and what exactly, did VBA state in the Reasons and Bases Section,

to support their denial ?

Lug,

What were the issues and what exactly, did VBA state in the Reasons and Bases Section,

Lug,

Carlie, I don't have the capabilities to scan the Rating Decision. Basically they denied the TBI claim, and the others were secendary. The reason was "tbi was never diagnosed. I now have the IME/IMO from DR S that she says should do it for me. I get all anxious and can't stay put nor concentrate when I'm around these people.(VA)

I appreciate the advise here very much.

Buddy aka lugnut